REGISTRAR’S OFFICE SPECIALIST
Nebraska Wesleyan University seeks an individual to serve as the Registrar’s Office Specialist. The successful applicant will be responsible for grading processes, assist with posting credit to and maintaining records, serve as VA School Certifying Official, supervise student works, and provide general office assistance and service. The Registrar’s Office Specialist will supervise 3-4 student assistants and is a full-time, non-exempt, year-long position.
* Assist the operations of the Registrar’s Office
* Coordinate processes related to grades and records
* Staff the front office, answer phones, assist with checking voicemail and registrar email, process mail and faxes
* Process drop/add and withdrawals
* Coordinate the recording, maintaining, and updating of students’ academic files, including retention of permanent student records.
* Oversee scanning processes
* Post certification information on transcripts
* Post transfer credit, including first-year student college credit, AP and CLEP, placements, and grade changes
* Coordinate course entry, registration, grading, and other needs for Wesleyan Honors Academy
* Serve as School Certifying Official (SCO) for the VA and Assist with processes for students receiving VA educational benefits
This position requires two to three years of related experience, preferably in an academic setting. Candidates must:
* Be able to work with and build relationships with all facets of the university, students, faculty, staff, parents, alumni and community
* Be able to operate a telephone, a calculator, a computer, printer, copier, and scanner
* Possess good interpersonal communication skills, as well as strong oral and written communication skills.
* Demonstrate good organizational skills, be detail oriented, and be adaptable and flexible
* Demonstrate the ability to maintain and be responsible for confidential information
Commitment to Diversity:
Nebraska Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to recruitment, hiring and retention of members of racial/ethnic groups under-represented in higher education. Applicants with disabilities are invited to identify any necessary accommodations required in the application process. E-Verify, EOE.
To apply, please send letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references to Maria Harder, Nebraska Wesleyan University, 5000 Saint Paul Avenue, Lincoln, NE 68504. Electronic submissions are strongly encouraged and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please visit the NWU website for more information about this position at https://www.nebrwesleyan.edu/about-nwu/employment-opportunities.