Manager, Collaboratory for Women Innovators
Manager, Collaboratory for Women InnovatorsJob Description:
The Innovation Hub at UF is preparing to launch the Collaboratory for Women Innovators in Spring 2018 to help address this disparity issue. Building on the success of its Empowering Women in Technology Startups program (EWITS) the Collaboratory will provide educational programming and support resources for women throughout various phases of the innovation lifecycle including patenting, entrepreneurship and investment. Responsibilities for the Collaboratory Manager will include coordinating Collaboratory educational programming implementation, helping develop programming for Collaboratory, cooordinating Collaboratory networking events & educational workshops, serving as point of contact for Collaboratory members and assisting with sponsorships; grant writing; and marketing. Essential functions of this position are described more in depth below.
- Program Coordination & Training
- Collaboratory Manager will oversee coordination of Collaboratory educational programming and facilitate numerous workshops and training events. Will work with various strategic partners including mentors, speakers, faculty, sponsors, participants, and Innovation Hub staff and leadership coordinating all aspects of a variety of events focused on fostering greater inclusion of women in the Innovation Lifecycle.
- Serve as the interface between Innovation Hub staff and others involved in entrepreneurial training programs. Coordinate activities and functions to ensure training goals and objectives specified for the program are accomplished in accordance with Innovation Hub policies and procedures.
- Evaluate and solicit trainers according the learning objectives for the respective events. Develop event topics and arrange for featured speakers. Coordinate logistics of events to ensure all details are addressed.
- Coordinate calendars of all involved for training events including but not limited to Director, Speakers, Conference Rooms, to ensure availability and to avoid overlap. Coordinate all details with Innovation Hub staff at weekly team meetings. Coordinate with marketing staff to design and implement efforts to publicize and promote training programs and events for Collaboratory.
- Ensure event spending is keeping in accord with the Innovation Hub’s budget.
- Ensure all paperwork associated with event is completed and submitted in a timely manner to the appropriate departments including but not limited to invoices, attendee lists, alcohol policy forms, etc.
- Attend administrative meetings, training sessions and programming as needed.
- Maintain records of event aspects such as number of attendees and conduct post-event evaluations to determine how future Entrepreneurial Outreach and Education Programs could be improved.
- Work with team to continually improve programs and processes and suggest updates to Standard Operating Procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Source and contact for potential participants and sponsors for Collaboratory’s programming and events within local community and potentially nationally as well.
- Work with UF departments as appropriate to raise awareness about Collaboratory and the various training programs offered by the Collaboratory.
- Other duties as assigned.
Commensurate with education and experience.Minimum Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and six years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Program Coordination and/or project management experience
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Basic computer literacy in programs such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and other software packages desired.
- Ability to work independently as well as work well in team environment.
- Comfortable with public speaking and professional presentation.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail.
- Experience with grant writing, grant implementation.
- Experience with women and/or diversity advocacy initiatives.
- Experience with entrepreneurship, startups, innovation, technology commercialization. Experience with sponsorship programs.
- This is a time-limited position.
- In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume and a list of references.
- A criminal background check is required for this position.
- Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (EDT) of the posting end date.