Established in 2016, the University of Denver Barton Institute for Philanthropy and Social Enterprise is a free-standing institute, meaning it is not part of any college, school, or department at the University. The mission of the institute is to develop or enhance projects that demonstrably improve life for vulnerable people in Colorado.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support to the senior staff of the Institute (Executive Director, Director, and Director of the Colorado Evaluation and Action Lab) and maintaining relationships between the institute and its key constituents. The job responsibilities include the following:
- Handling emails and other correspondence.
- Scheduling, organizing, and coordinating meetings, events, and programs.
- Maintaining the Institute's database.
- Managing the Institute's website and social media.
- Producing the Institute's e-newsletter and event invitations.
- Transcribing and editing dictated documents.
- Managing contracts and data use agreements.
- Serving as a liaison to the Budget Officer, Shared Services, University Advancement, University Technology, and other DU central staff.
- Taking notes and minutes of meetings.
- Handling invoices, expense reports, and other budgetary matters.
- Keeping informed of advances in communications technology and changes in social media, and helping to maintain office literacy and knowledge of those advances and changes.
- Developing reports, proposals, and presentations.
- Assisting with fundraising.
- Keeping informed of events and issues in the DU community and beyond.
- Keeping informed of emerging trends, issues, and events in philanthropy and social enterprise.
- Providing other help as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and a professional demeanor.
- Willingness and ability to deal with internal and external constituents in a professional, confidential, friendly, and responsive manner via phone, email, and face-to-face meetings.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Outstanding organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to solve problems in a changing environment.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Strong desire to learn new subjects and new technologies.
- Self-starter with ability to coordinate several tasks simultaneously.
- High degree of integrity with a strong ability to maintain confidentiality and behave in an ethical manner.
- Experience maintaining detailed records; experience in contract management and management of data use agreements desired.
- Familiarity with web-based data management and modern office practices and procedures.
- Capacity to be flexible and creative in a dynamic and fun environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and familiarity with the Apple operating system.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 1-2 years of progressive responsibility in an administrative role.
- Previous experience volunteering and/or working in a non-profit setting.
- Interest in and affinity for working with people from a wide range of social and economic backgrounds.
- Affinity for and facility with digital platforms, cloud-based utilities and social media.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. with some evenings.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Monday, September 18, 2017.
Applicants must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online with a cover letter and resume will be accepted. Once within the job description online, scroll to the bottom of the page to begin application. If you have questions regarding this position please contact Rebecca Arno at
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LBGTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.