Business Development Specialist
Founded in 1869, Chatham University is a fully coed institution with an enrollment of over 2,200 students and over 60 undergraduate and graduate programs in our areas of excellence: sustainability; health & lab sciences; business & communication; and the arts & humanities. Chatham is the alma mater of environmental icon Rachel Carson (Class of '29), and is recognized as a leader in the field of sustainability, having been selected as one of the Top 50 Green Colleges by The Princeton Review; ranked in the top five nationally for sustainability achievements in the Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System™ (STARS); and mentioned in a 2012 Forbes article as one of the places "contributing to Pittsburgh's transformation into a destination for green living."
Building on these accomplishments, Chatham opened in 2014 the world's first fully sustainable campus in higher education, Eden Hall Campus. Consistently ranked as a best college by U.S. News & World Report in the Regional Universities North category, Chatham consists of the School of Health Sciences; the Falk School of Sustainability & Environment; the School of Arts, Science and Business; and the College for Continuing & Professional Studies.
To help support the work of the University we have an immediate opening for a Business Development Specialist in Chatham’s Women’s Business Center (CWBC). The Specialist reports to the Director of Chatham’s Women’s Business Center.
Position Summary: The Business Development Specialist supports the work of the CWBC by interacting one-on-one with CWBC clients as a provider of business counseling and through facilitation of training programs for CWBC clients. This position assists the Director in ensuring that programs are provided with excellence and consistency focusing on the client, and that programs achieve measurable, relevant, and targeted results. The Business Development Specialist assists the Director with client development, program and curriculum development and delivery, and client tracking, management, and administration.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Five years of experience in working with small business owners and entrepreneurs
- Experience in and understanding of the process to start a business and resources available to new and established business owners
- Experience in facilitation of training programs and/or workshops
- Experience in customer service, records-keeping, and grant compliance
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel to CWBC events within the service area
- Proven ability working with diverse populations and ability to work outside of normal business hours
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit and provide one-on-one counseling to CWBC clients and track associated client activity and milestones with strict confidentiality.
- Follow-up on client requests and assist clients in selecting appropriate programs, counseling, or technical assistance.
- Work with and recruit Technical Assistance providers to maintain a broad base of counseling opportunities for CWBC clients.
- Perform regular client updates and consolidate client counseling records in the customer relationship manager.
- Plan, manage, and facilitate core CWBC training programs and provide curriculum development support and materials preparation.
- Assist the Director in serving as a representative of CWBC at training programs and outreach events in the community and in identifying and reaching out to potential community partners.
- Maintain clear records and assist the Director in preparing necessary documentation for SBA reports and applications.
Chatham University offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, including tuition remission for qualified personnel, and a generous retirement plan.
Interested candidates should visit www.chatham.edu/careers and follow the instructions to complete the application process. To ensure full consideration, please submit a cover letter addressing the qualifications of the position, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer