Mobile Applications Developer (iOS)
Mobile Applications Developer (iOS)
Requisition Number: STFR003993
Division/College: Information Technology Services
Location: Boston Main Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
The division of Information Technology Services is currently seeking a talented individual to fill the role of Mobile Application Developer - iOS. The Mobile Application Developer is a key member of a new high visibility initiative known as Student Assessed Integrated Learning (SAIL) at Northeastern University. This position coordinates with business owners to determine functional requirements and provides customization, maintenance and updates as needed. The Mobile Application Developer will partner with cross-functional teams and design/development partners to establish and support the application development and test environments. The role will also be responsible for Tier 2 and 3 advanced technical support to mobile application user community.
SAIL is an innovative mobile (iOS and Android) and web-based custom application under development to provide the technological foundation upon which the University seeks to evolve its experiential educational model to meet the needs of the 21st century. The app will enable a unique approach to education that allows students to manage their educational experience and connect with their peers.
The Mobile Application Developer's responsibilities include but not limited:
- Be part of a cross-functional team to deliver cutting edge learning platform - SAIL
- Be responsible for translating business requirement to technical specifications, developing mobile app using the latest technologies
- Work closely with the business owner and the design team to provide technical consultation
- Develop, write, and submit technical reports for technical presentations and meetings, and customer briefings, along with technical reviews with other areas within IT to ensure change management ramifications are clearly articulated and understood
- Work with other IT groups to ensure the integrity and high quality of customized application by following change management processes
- Help to resolve any advanced technical trouble tickets or requests and help to resolve any issues related to SAIL application
To ensure that essential services are provided to the university community, the employee will be required to work outside their regular working hours as needed.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, along with an initiative for continuing studies and coursework
- 3+ years of iOS mobile app development experience
- 3+ years of experience developing in Objective-C
- 1+ year of experience with react.js and Ruby on rails
- Ability to architect elegant solutions to complex problems
- Solid understanding of web services and RESTful APIs
- Familiar with AWS Elastic Beanstalk
- Familiar with Postgres and ability to write SQL queries
- Demonstrated ability to work well directly with customers, teams, and in a matrix managed environment
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must have the ability to manage multiple projects and activities
A criminal background check is required for this position.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.