Library Clerk I, .475
invites applications for the position of:
Library Clerk I, .475
Library & Learning Resources
09/26/17 11:59 PM
Under general supervision, performs a variety of tasks involved in the circulation and processing of library materials; assists library patrons
• Uses charging machine to check out library materials to qualified borrowers; checks books in; prepares overdue notices; maintains record of delinquent patrons, computes, and collect fines.
• Processes special materials such as faculty reserves for circulation.
• Assists patrons to locate and use library materials, services, and equipment including copy machine, microfilm readers, cassette players; performs simple servicing of machines.
• Verifies carding and shelving of books.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
• Basic knowledge of library circulation procedures and a wide range of library services.
• Any combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. An example of this would be completion of high school and work experience in library circulation.
• Ability to learn the filing and classification systems used in the library and to file rapidly and accurately according to detailed guidelines.
• Ability to perform simple calculations, make change, keep accurate records, and to learn to operate library equipment; basic typing ability.
• Ability to follow oral and written directions, and to learn, apply, and explain library policies and procedures.
• Ability to relate tactfully and effectively to a large volume of students and staff under time pressure and in sensitive situations, such as the need to search patrons when the library security system is activated.
• Clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
MEETING MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS DOES NOT ASSURE THE CANDIDATE OF AN
INTERVIEW. Applications will be evaluated taking into account the breadth and depth of relevant education, experience, skills, knowledge and abilities.
• Certificate of proficiency as a Library Media Technical Assistant (LMTA)
Working hours: 19 hours per week, which may include weekends, evenings and work at any library site.
Chaffey College recently implemented an online electronic application system. Our new application can be accessed at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chaffey. The application must be completely filled out in detail and clearly show that you meet the qualifications as set forth in the announcement, and you must upload the following documents:
Please do not include any additional documents; only the documents that are indicated below. If you upload documents that are not required, your application may be disqualified.
• Cover Letter
• LMTA (if applicable)
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is parttime (19 hours per week), 12month, classified bargaining unit position. Start date: as soon as possible. Range 5 of the CSEA Salary Schedule with starting salary of Step A, $1,286.30/month.
To Apply, visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chaffey/jobs/1839839/library-clerk-i-475