Desktop and A/V Technician
Capital University is seeking a Desktop and A/V Technician to troubleshoot and provide quality customer service in the area of audio visual systems, lecture capture systems, desktop (PC) hardware/software, and remote access to students, faculty, and staff. Responsibilities include designing, managing, and building images for campus PCs using Active Directory, Group Policies, scripting languages & batch files to automate tasks. This position will utilize image technologies to develop and deploy standardize configurations and software upgrades.
Primary roles and responsibilities:
- Troubleshoots and resolves Windows and Macintosh operating system and hardware/software issues.
- Provides solutions using product knowledge, system utilities, operating environment, knowledgebase, and websites.
- Configures, maintains, and deploys upgrades, consolidated software packages and operating system via computer images.
- Provides support for set up and tear down of AV for campus special events and performances; support to classroom presentation technology such as projectors, screens, lecture capture, Creston, and Solstice systems;
- Provides Tier 2 support in conjunction with the IT Helpdesk including troubleshooting PC hardware/software issues, password resets, Wi-Fi network connectivity issues, etc.
- Disposes PC hardware and peripheral components such as CPU, monitors, printers, and disk drives on user’s premises.
- Performs basic printer maintenances including monitoring printer queues, port scans, and troubleshooting printer hardware issues; escalates and works with vendor for Tier 3 support as needed.
- Manages a team of desktop support student staff including training and mentoring.
- Recommends solutions, new technologies, and system solutions for business and academic units when requested.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college in related area and/or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Three or more years of relevant experience is required.
- Training or certification experiences in the following IT service management practices: ITIL, HDM certification, A+ certification, ACSP, or PMI.
- Experience with SCCM, or similar imaging technologies preferred.
- Experience working with and supporting multiple computer platforms, including integration with presentation technology such as external displays, video projectors, DVD, screens, and lecture capture systems.
- Familiarity with IT helpdesk tracking software, to manage work requests and asset inventory.
- Proficiency administering computer using Active Directory, Group Policies, WSUS preferred.
Capital University offers a rich benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement, family education benefits, long-term disability, life insurance and free parking.
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to:
For more information on Capital University, visit our website at www.capital.edu.
Capital University is an equal opportunity employer, and supports a diverse and inclusive campus community. Capital University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religion, sex, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by the law.
Apply for Desktop and A/V Technician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly