Requisition Number: STFR003991
Division/College: Information Technology Services
Location: Boston Main Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
The division of Information Technology Services is currently seeking a talented individual to fill the role of Integration Developer. The integration developer is a key member of a new high visibility initiative known as Student Assessed Integrated Learning (SAIL) at Northeastern University. The success candidate will directly contribute to the design, development, and implementation of SAIL application by bridging the gap between web experience and enterprise applications. This customer service oriented individual meets with users to help define requirements to address business critical functions. As a customer focused service the Integration Developer will be responsible for Tier -2 customer support services related to SAIL application.
To ensure that essential services are provided to the university community, the employee will be required to work outside their regular working hours as needed.
SAIL is an innovative mobile (iOS and Android) and web-based custom application under development to provide the technological foundation upon which the University seeks to evolve its experiential educational model to meet the needs of the 21st century. The app will enable a unique approach to education that allows students to manage their educational experience and connect with their peers.
The Integration Developer's responsibilities include:
- Work with technical and functional groups to provide systems analysis and design in support of integration development identified by SAIL initiative
- Document technical and design specifications
- Develop and support integration applications that integrate with enterprise applications including but not limited to Ellucian Banner, Salesforce, Blackboard, custom applications, etc.
- Participate in the evaluation and selection process of the integration development tools and environment in order to meet Northeastern's overall integration strategy
- Review designs of other members of the development team and help to establish design standards across the development teams
- Research cutting-edge technologies and apply to the daily job
- Provide Tier-2 customer support related to SAIL application
- Identify and perform root cause analysis. Serve as a technical contact to other ITS groups and SAIL project team
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field is required. Master’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- Three to five years’ experience with integration development in one or more of the following: Java, Web Services, JSON, XML and developing and using back end SQL based RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server and DB2), JEE platform, and PL/SQL
- Experience with Enterprise Application Integration tools, such as Mulesoft, Informatica, or CastIron are highly desired
- Experience with web application frameworks such as Grails and/or Angular is highly desired
- Experience with Enterprise Integration Patterns including message oriented middleware, Enterprise Service Buses and Service Oriented Architecture are highly desired
- Experience with salesforce.com integrations is highly desired
- Experience with Ellucian Banner is a plus
- Experience with Weblogic, WebSphere and Oracle Application Server and architecture are a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative manner with functional and technical teams
- A strong commitment to customer service and satisfaction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional team player
- Exceptional technical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage various workload of projects with many priorities. Prioritization skills are key, as the nature of opportunity, urgency of need and size of the work rapidly change
A criminal background check is required for this position.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.