Requisition Number: STFR003989
Division/College: Information Technology Services
Location: Boston Main Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
Northeastern University ITS (Information Technology & Services) is looking to add a web architect to join Digital Technology & Services team. As a web architect, you will lead and develop state-of-the-art websites and web applications that help to achieve Northeastern's 2025 academic plan.
Job Responsibilities (include, but not limited to the following)
- In partnership with business units and development partners, define digital technology stack from front-end, back-end to web hosting infrastructure
- Build optimized web experience using effective and innovative technology solutions with deep understanding of the existing NU technology landscape
- Collaborate with the team on application architecture design and decision-making
- Troubleshoot production support issues and come up with solutions when needed
- Provide guidelines and best practice to NU's web development community
- Setup a DevOps environment that can support fast-paced business need and sustain production at the same time
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Math, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field; Master’s degree in Math, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field is preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills including written, verbal and presentations
- Exceptional team player
- Ability to manage various workload of projects with many priorities. Prioritization skills are key, as the nature of opportunity, urgency of need and size of the work rapidly change
- 8+ years hands on experience of web application (internet based public and secure websites) design, development and maintenance
- Expert-level experience and thorough understanding of web technologies and tools
- Experience in a diverse set of web app development languages such as Java, PHP, .NET
- Hands-on working experience with web content management system such as WordPress, Drupal
- Hands-on working experience with one or more web UI frameworks (e.g. AngularJS)
- Familiar with web infrastructure including web/app server/load balancing etc., caching/compression/security over web, content distribution network
- Familiar with continuous integration (Jenkins), automated deployment (Ansible, Chef), and configuration management
A background check is required for this position.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.