To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://jobs.miracosta.edu
Discipline or Department: Facilities
Position Type: Staff/Classified
Hourly Rate or Monthly Salary: Starting $3,923.08 per month
Working Hours: One regular, full-time position, 40 hours per week, 12 months per year, on the Oceanside campus. The work schedule will be Monday through Friday, 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM. The person selected for this position will be subject to assignment to any district facility during any hours of operation.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Apply and submit application materials through MiraCosta College's online application system at https://jobs.miracosta.edu. Once you are in the system, we strongly advise you to read the information on "How to Apply" and the FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) before starting the application process.
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit the following documents directly in the online system and finish applying and receive a confirmation number by 11:59 PM on the closing date:
1. Application for classified employment on which you list all relevant experience.
2. Cover letter addressed to the "Screening and Interview Committee" specifically describing how you meet the minimum and desirable qualifications, representative duties, and knowledge and abilities as described in the job posting.
3. Current resume or curriculum vitae summarizing your educational background and experience.
NOTE: When you "APPLY FOR THIS POSTING," you will eventually be asked to answer the additional question(s) listed below. Your answers will appear toward the bottom of the application form.
- MiraCosta College is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. Describe your own commitment to diversity and how you will meet the minimum qualifications of "sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic background of community college students."
The screening and interview committee will review application materials three to four weeks following the closing date. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by phone; those not selected for interview will be notified by e-mail once interview candidates have been scheduled.
Offer of employment to the person selected for this position is contingent upon 1) successful completion of a pre-placement physical exam at district expense; 2) submission of a current tuberculosis test clearance; 3) proof of eligibility to work in the United States; and 4) fingerprint clearance.
Individuals with qualified disabilities who need accommodation with any aspect of the application and/or interview process should contact Human Resources at 760.795.6854 at least five days prior to the closing date.
Retired STRS members are not eligible for these positions.
Basic Function and Other Details:
Under the direction of the Supervisor of Facilities or other assigned supervisor, maintain an assigned group of classrooms, rest rooms, offices and related facilities in a clean and orderly manner; perform a variety of diverse duties in cleaning and maintaining facilities.
(E = essential job function)
1. Sweep, scrub, mop, and wax floors; vacuum and shampoo rugs and carpets in classrooms, offices, workshops and other work areas; wash windows, chalkboards and walls; strip, wax and buff floors. (E)
2. Dust, polish and disinfect counters, student desks, teacher's stations, file cabinets and bookcases. (E)
3. Empty and clean waste receptacles and pencil sharpeners; pick up paper; pick up trash containers and empty into large bins. (E)
4. Clean rest rooms including floors, walls, fixtures, appliances and mirrors; restock supplies; polish metal fixtures. (E)
5. Move furniture and equipment; set up cafeteria and rooms for special events and meetings; set up stage for concerts, lectures and other events. (E)
6. Perform minor non-technical repairs to buildings and fixtures; replace fluorescent light tubes; clean and adjust shades and blinds; adjust desks and other furniture; report other repair and maintenance needs and assist others in making repairs as required.
7. Turn lights on and off; unlock and lock doors and gates.
8. Clean drinking fountains; make emergency clean-ups in classrooms. (E)
9. Pick up or deliver supplies as directed.
10. Perform related duties as assigned.
Type of Benefits:
Full benefit package which includes employer-paid medical, dental and vision plans for employee and dependents; $100,000 employee life insurance; other optional coverages; and membership in the California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS).
To be eligible for this position, you must meet and provide evidence of the following minimum qualifications:
1. Equivalent to graduation from high school AND
2. One year of related work experience
NOTE: For work experience, one "year" is defined as equivalent to 40 hours per week for 12 months, or at least 2,080 hours.
Licenses and Other Requirements: A valid California driver's license and the ability to maintain insurability under the district's vehicle insurance program.
Closing Date: 9-22-2017
First Screening Date:
Human Resources Contact Information:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 760.795.6854
About MiraCosta College
The MiraCosta Community College District is one of California's 112 public community colleges. The district includes the communities of Oceanside, Carlsbad, Encinitas, Cardiff, Olivenhain, Leucadia, Solana Beach, Rancho Santa Fe, Del Mar, and parts of Carmel Valley.
MiraCosta offers associate degrees, university-transfer courses, career-and-technical education, certificate programs, basic-skills education, and lifelong-learning opportunities that strengthen the economic, cultural, social, and educational well-being of the communities it serves.
The district consists of three campus sites and a robust online education program. The Oceanside Campus, serving about 12,000 credit students, has been located since 1964 on a panoramic 121-acre hilltop site with views of the ocean and mountains. The San Elijo Campus is located in Cardiff, 17 miles south of Oceanside, on 48 acres below the bluffs overlooking the San Elijo Lagoon Reserve. The San Elijo Campus opened in September 1988, and now attracts about 3,000 credit students. The Community Learning Center in downtown Oceanside hosts about 4,000 students in the college's noncredit classes including English as a Second Language, the Adult High School Diploma Program, and other tuition-free, noncredit classes as well as some college credit classes.