Campus Safety Officer
Lynn University is an independent, innovative college based in warm, sunny Boca Raton, Florida. We're consistently recognized by The Chronicle of Higher Education as a "Great College to Work For" in such areas as compensation and benefits; work/life balance; job satisfaction; and respect and appreciation.
Our nearly 3,000 students hail from approximately 100 countries and nearly all 50 states, making Lynn one of the top five most international schools for our size. Our campus is a melting pot of cultures and beliefs, and we pride ourselves on our ability to embrace new ideas.
As a Lynn employee, you'll be free to think differently. You'll enjoy on-campus events and workshops that aim to reduce stress and celebrate community. And most importantly, you'll be doing your part to build a better future.
Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Campus Safety Officer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and enforce the university parking program.
- Open and close building as prescribed by the dispatch center.
- Monitor assigned patrol area and identify life safety discrepancies.
- Monitor assigned patrol area and identify suspicious activity.
- Respond to situation and assist in problem resolution.
- Respond to emergency situations.
- Maintain all assigned equipment.
- Complete a daily log of activity reflective to the dispatch log.
- Complete clear and accurate reports.
- Perform job task as prescribed by the training department.
- Complete any assignment or instructions given to them by the Chief or designee.
- Maintain professionalism in actions and appearance, be approachable, and provide quality customer service while on duty at your assigned post.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons/vehicles, or other unusual occurrences.
- Alert Shift Supervisors and call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Must be able to work Sunday-Wednesday from 6:00pm to 6:00am.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to work well with others / excellent customer service skills
- Ability to lift or exert up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to complete prolonged standing, sitting, climbing and walking.
Accreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy or parenting status, veteran status, retirement status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431; via email at email@example.com; by phone at +1 561-237-7727 or to the U.S. Dept. of Education OCR.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the SACSCOC at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2016 Lynn University 08/16.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling+1 561-237-7290.
For your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.