Postdoctoral Associate - Bhaduri-McIntosh Lab
Postdoctoral AssociateJob Description:
The University of Florida, Department of Pediatrics, Bhaduri-McIntosh Research Laboratory seeks a highly motivated Postdoctoral Research Associate to join a team studying DNA replication, damage and repair in the context of Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV) infection and tumorigenesis in human B cells.
Duties will include:
- Designing and performing experiments using a variety of techniques including qPCR, qRT-PCR, chromatin immunoprecipitation, cloning, immunoprecipitation, immunofluorescence, Western blotting, FACS, iPOND, and DNA fiber fluorography to address questions related to their project(s).
- Initiating and maintaining cell cultures.
- Maintaining proper lab records.
- Providing guidance and training for undergraduate and graduate student researchers.
- Preparation of manuscripts. May also assist in grant writing.
- Laboratory maintenance, including equipment maintenance, and ordering of supplies as needed.
- Other duties as assigned, which may include attending scientific conferences and meetings.
The laboratory is situated in an academic research building at the main campus in Gainesville surrounded by many excellent labs and core facilities with tremendous training opportunities for cutting edge techniques. Florida is known for its sunshine and outdoor recreation. Gainesville residents can choose from more than 70 nature parks in and surrounding the city to enjoy recreational activities.Advertised Salary:
$47,476-$50,000 commensurate with qualifications and experienceMinimum Requirements:
Ph.D. in Biological Sciences. Research experience in mammalian DNA damage response, DNA repair or DNA replication. Experience in molecular biology and DNA replication and repair assays.Preferred Qualifications:
Experience in Virology. Proficiency in spoken and written English. At least two publications in English Scientific Journals.Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please upload your cover letter, curriculum vitae and contact information for three professional references with your online application form.
Final candidate will be required to provide official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered “official” if a designation of “Issued to Student” is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://www.naces.org/.
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff. If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352/392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800/955-8771 (TDD). Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida's Sunshine Law.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (EDT) of the posting end date.
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants do not need to reapply.Health Assessment Required: Yes