Patient Registration Counselor/UKHC
The University Health Service seeks an individual to be responsible for clinic front desk activities. Will acknowledge and greet customers; assist with patient self-check-in process, answer questions regarding services, verify minor status and follow related policies and procedures; assign medical record numbers for new patients, and perform DNKA/daily discharge of patients from appointment grid; update all demographic information in electronic medical record and PM (Patient Management System) software systems; maintain patient confidentiality according to established HIPAA and FERPA guidelines; be proficient in Release of Information, medical records tracking, creating charts, accessing PM (Patient Management System); discharge patients from grid, financial counseling, point of service billing and charge reconciliation; collect encounter forms for visit and match billed items with services provided, verify accurate ticket in EMR, advise patients of charges, cash collections and handling, and guarantor registration; ensure quality and patient satisfaction; adhere to the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations in Service Excellence.
IEBC (Internal Employee Being Considered)
Patient Registration Counselor/UKHC
H8505:University Health Service/Hosp
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
The physical requirements of this position include occasionally standing or walking with objects up to 10lbs; regularly sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time with repetitive motions (such as typing); and occasionally dealing with combative or violent people.
Days, Mon-Friday 8am-5pm. Occasional long days and weekends may be required during school year.
The ideal candidate will possess high attention to detail and efficiency; enjoy working independently as well as closely with their co-workers in a supportive team environment; stay focused in busy office environment; be well organized; ability to follow through to completion of tasks; possess excellent communication skills (both written & verbal); have strong problem solving skills; maintain quality assurance; computer skills to include UK SAP and Microsoft Office; and excellent customer services skills.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Knowledge of medical terminology and experience in a medical office preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How many years of paid work experience do you have working in a medical office or clinic?
- More than 0, through 1 year
- More than 1 year, through 3 years
- More than 3 years, through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Please select the answer below that best describes your work experience.
- General Office
- Medical Office (to include medical billing experience)
- None of the above
- * Describe an incident where you were involved in dealing with an irate customer or co-worker. How did you handle the situation?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Rate your level of expertise in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Windows, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter