Product Development Specialist, Lead
New Product Line Specialist, Lead is responsible for material revenue targets associated with specific new product and marketing activities. This role manages vendor relationships, sets new product road-maps, negotiates pricing, and initiates sales and marketing efforts for a suite of products or benefits that deliver Club and Member value.
- Manages overall new product portfolio and new product life cycles for a business unit.
- Provides thought leadership to new product development efforts.
- Define KPIs and monitor performance
- Research trends, competition, and conducts feasibility study for new partnerships
- Develops methodology and initiates changes to policies and guidelines which affect work, schedules, and budgets.
- Performs day to day responsibilities of the role while refining new product, consumer, and competition expertise
- Reviews competitive environment to understand market dynamics and opportunities.
- Leads new product development or enhancement activities through efforts of subordinates.
- Responsible for profit/loss at operations level Profit/loss responsibility for assigned new products
- Responsible for growth revenue through business to business outreach, contacting merchants, and liaising with outside vendors
- Establishes and assures adherence to budgets for assigned new products
- Establishes operational objectives for his or area of responsibility
- Provides strategic direction, consulting and recommendations to senior management for future new products.
- Influences cross-functional stakeholders and support teams towards business objectives
- Develops acquisition and retention strategies to achieve business objectives.
- Approves pricing structure and changes Establishes criteria for pricing structure and recommends changes
- Makes final decisions Provides recommendations on administrative, strategic or operational matters and ensures effective achievement of objectives
- Understand service delivery model to execute vision
- Produces and delivers vertical and horizontal communication with limited input and guidance
- Develops/Mentors less experienced team members to enhance the overall effectiveness of the team
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert for new product communication and training
- Develops, modifies and executes policies and procedures.
- Provides guidance and leadership to motivate new product team to higher levels of performance.
- Strong knowledge of new product management, and marketing strategy and principles, and strategic planning
- Strong Leadership and supervisory skills. Able to motivate a new product management team to greater new productivity and creativity
- Proven financial analysis experience - skilled in budgets, cost estimates, cost benefit analysis
- Strong knowledge of new product analysis, principles and methods.
- Business and technical writing skills (e.g.. proposals, PowerPoint presentation, business requirements, Microsoft project, Suite Microsoft Office)
- Skilled in project management techniques and processes
- Effective communication, presentation, negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Proven Problem solving skills. Organizational skills.
- Strong understanding business systems and processes and how they link together
- Ability and skills to cross functional teams.
- Ability to manage multiple accounts /initiatives in a fast paced changing environment;
- Bilingual communication skills (preferred)
Education & Experience / Licenses & Certification
- Bachelor's degree in related area (Marketing, business, or a related field) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8+ years of New product Management experience working with or in related new products.
- Consumer Package Goods experience (strongly preferred)
- Advanced degree (preferred)
Welcome! Our vision is to be America's most trusted organization, absolutely famous for doing the right thing. We're all here to support our Members and provide them with legendary service. By joining our organization, you get to be part of this exciting vision. As a AAA Team Member, you have the chance to do honorable work, receive competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package and opportunities to grow your career.
A career with AAA Northern California, Nevada and Utah is unique, just like you.
We're a mission-driven Member services organization. We have a saying here at AAA that we aspire to be America's most trusted organization absolutely famous for doing the right thing . With more than four million Members, our purpose is to bring peace of mind to Members so that they can enjoy life more.
We work hard to create an environment where you can thrive and where you use your skills and talents to help us deliver legendary Member service. You'll help have a positive impact on the diverse communities we serve, too.
Walnut Creek, CA
Fri, 1 Sep 2017 14:19:16 PDT