Assistant Project Manager / Estimator
Home Builder seeking detail-oriented, well-organized, excellent multi-tasker and team player to work with Project Manager in solicitation of subcontractor bids, distribution of plans to qualified bidders, data entry of subcontractor proposals, follow up and review of bids with Project Manager. Must be a self-starter and understand deadlines. Must have good phone and excellent people skills. Must know construction terminology.
Assistant Project Manager Job Responsibilities:
Assists Project Manager with all facets of the bidding process and in establishing project budgets by performing accurate plan estimates and communicating with subcontractors/suppliers. He/she also assists with controlling construction costs by verifying estimates with field & site conditions.
Assistant Estimator Construction Job Duties:
• Perform administrative tasks to support the project manager and field personnel
- Determine subcontractor scopes of work and assist with all estimates
- Communicate directly with subcontractors, suppliers, architects, and engineers
- Obtains bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials; identifying qualified subcontractors; negotiating price.
- Maintain various estimating and project logs
- Distribute required information and supply subcontractors with project information as needed
- Process requests for information (RFI's)
- Assist in development of schedules for various projects
- Track project labor and materials
- Assist with managing the change order process
- Assist with obtaining and processing shop drawings and submittals
- Prepare construction budget through plan estimates and subcontractor proposals.
- Maintains cost database by updating information.
- Resolves cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
Assistant Project Manager Construction Skills and Qualifications:
Analyzing Information , Developing Budgets, Vendor Relationships, Reporting Skills, Estimating, Decision Making, Teamwork, Documentation Skills, Quality Focus
- 4 year degree in Building Construction Management or equivalent work experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to read, understand and organize construction plans and specifications
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and with minimal structure while exercising great judgment
- Strong Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work well under pressure to meet established deadlines
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Project, Power Point, Word, Outlook) and estimating Software (Xactimate, Bluebeam, etc)
Galiant Homes is an award winning custom home builder serving the Front Range area. We deliver exceptional quality homes to our discerning clients, focusing on quality and livability.
El Paso County, CO
Wed, 2 Aug 2017 11:39:04 PDT