Counselor & Disabilities Support Specialist
Columbia State Community College is currently recruiting for a Counselor and Disabilities Support Specialist, Williamson Campus
The Counselor and Disabilities Support Specialist will provide academic accommodations and support for qualified students with mental or physical disabilities. Integrate accessibility products and services across all campuses. Serve as a mental health crisis point of contact, provide initial assessment and referral services.
Education, Training and Experience Required:
- Master’s degree in Rehabilitation Counseling, Special Education, Psychology, Social Work, Instructional Design Technology or other directly related field.
- Possess a TN recognized counseling license (CRC, LPS/MHSP, or LPC).
- Three (3) years’ experience as direct provider for mental health and/or disability services preferably in a college or university setting.
- Familiar with ADA laws and accessibility law or policy changes applicable to the college setting.
- Ability to interpret psycho-educational assessments and medical reports.
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability and willingness to learn new accessibility technology.
- Experience maintaining case files and reporting data.
- Experience in providing disability services.
For more information, or to apply for this position, please go to the link at http://jobs.tbr.edu/postings/21195
Applications for this position are accepted through the on-line process only.
Columbia State Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.