ALL APPLICANTS FOR THIS POSITION MUST BE A US CITIZEN.
The Computational Fluid Dynamics Engineer (CFD) conducts CFD simulations of automotive aero/thermo/hydro dynamics.
- Conducts CFD simulations of automotive aero, thermo and hydro dynamics;
- Performs CFD analysis of aero, thermal and hydro applications;
- Conducts ongoing CFD analysis of aerodynamics research and development of assigned projects;
- Plans and conducts independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria with approval of the Head of CFD;
- Interprets customer requirements;
- Interprets analysis results and provides recommendations for design improvements;
- Establishes strict task-oriented timelines and resource schedules in consultation with the Head of CFD;
- Works within budget constraints and keeps projects within established directives;
- Monitors, controls and communicates progress versus project timeline with the Head of CFD;
- Reports progress against objectives;
- Evaluates progress and reports any issues;
- Provides technical support to customers and internal groups;
- Provides written technical reports to management;
- Performs other required tasks as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Aerospace or Naval engineering (or similar) and a specialization in numerical methods or computational fluid dynamics;
- A minimum of one year post-graduate experience in an aero, thermal or hydro capacity capacity is preferred;
- Experience with 3Matic, OpenFOAM and ParaView is required;
- Open-Source CFD experience in the automotive, trucking, defense or marine industries preferred;
- Knowledge of ProEngineer(Creo) is a plus;
- Experience in project management and leadership skills in a supervisory/project lead role;
- Excellent interpersonal as well as written and verbal communication skills;
- Proficiency with HPC, Linux O/S, MPI, job queueing systems and MS Office Suite of applications;
- Creative, analytical thinker with a capacity for detail;
- Ability to work well with others and as part of a team.
- Must be a US citizen;
- Applicant may need to undergo a background check and/or obtain a security clearance.
Auto Research Center is a specialized research facility, which sells time in its various test rigs (such as our wind tunnel and seven post rig), and provides design and consultancy services to government/military, commercial vehicle, automotive and racing clientele. ARC prides itself on remaining a competent tier one supplier to multiple OEMs throughout these industries. We also offer scale model development, vehicle aerodynamics and vehicle dynamics capabilities and expertise, computer aided engineering software, vehicle dynamics software and computer modeling programs for the purpose of trackside simulation. ARC is a worldwide company that is committed to developing innovative solutions in the ever-changing field of transportation.
Sat, 2 Sep 2017 10:38:24 PDT