Underground Utilities Construction Foreman
Are you an enthusiastic, self-starter, individual that likes to work in a fast-paced environment? Do you enjoy multi-tasking and have a sense of urgency when completing a task? If you answered yes to all of these questions, please take seven (7) minutes to complete this survey by copying and pasting the link into your browser:
and keep reading.
Summary: Under general supervision, the Foreman is responsible for managing and directing the activities of a specialized crew in Underground Utilities, that works on standardized/recurring tasks. Coordinates daily work to ensure schedules are followed and work is completed efficiently, effectively and on time. Responsible for solving routine problems of limited scope and complexity and informs supervisors of more complex problems. Demonstrates functional expertise while following established procedures and guidelines.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
• Oversees a specialized crew involved in a variety of duties, including but not limited to the construction, repair and maintenance of streets, traffic signals, sidewalks, underground utilities, etc.; assists crew with daily tasks, as needed.
• Reviews approved 2-week schedule with Superintendents and receives assigned tasks.
• Reads and understands project plans and specifications thoroughly.
• Inspects work areas before, during and upon completion of assigned tasks to ensure the quality and accuracy of the work adheres to the project specifications and that the crew meets productivity expectations,
• Communicates all construction needs -- material, equipment and staffing - to the Project Superintendent in order to prevent delays.
• Transports employees, hand tools, electric/gas equipment and miscellaneous supplies required for scheduled daily tasks.
• Codes packing slips/shipping tickets with appropriate pay items and submits them to the Superintendent for review and submission
• Completes required paperwork on a daily/weekly basis and submits to the Project Superintendent for approval, to include production sheets, timesheets, equipment/vehicle inspection reports, etc.
• Understands pay items and phase codes for each project
• Attends weekly meetings scheduled.
• Inspects equipment with operators and reports any equipment in need of maintenance or repair to the Operations Manager; ensures cleanliness of equipment assigned to the crew.
• Maintains cleanliness of company vehicle and ensures that he/she adheres to all company vehicle policies and procedures.
• Monitors the safety of the assigned crew and complies with all safety policies, standards and procedures; conducts "Toolbox" discussions on a weekly basis; address any issues with his crew.
• Wears appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times while on the jobsite (i.e. vest, earplugs, glasses, hard hat, etc.)
• Participates in the performance review process for assigned crew members.
• Approves time off request forms and completes accident reports for assigned crew; communicates disciplinary issues and status changes requests to Superintendents, Human Resources and other members of Management, as needed.
• Maintains a professional working relationship with inspectors, sub-contractors, vendors and fellow employees.
• Performs additional responsibilities as assigned.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
• Two years related experience and or training.
• Valid Texas Driver's License required; CDL preferred
• Bilingual preferred (Spanish).
• Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrates ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and correspondence.
• Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
• Demonstrates a sense of urgency in responding to all situations.
• Demonstrates ability to prioritize assigned work and complete in a timely manner.
• Demonstrates ability to give directions to assigned crew and resolve routine problems of limited scope and complexity.
• Demonstrates initiative and effectively communicates/plans work schedules, materials, equipment and staffing needs.
• Demonstrates ability to collaborate and work effectively as a team.
• Demonstrates responsibility in reporting to work on a consistent and timely basis
• Demonstrates the ability to work varying schedules, as needed, to include working overtime.
The Foreman while performing the essential functions of this job is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, lift above their head, and talk or hear. The Foreman is also required to kneel, crouch or stoop, climb ladders, bend at the waist, squat and crawl in tight or confined spaces to perform the essential functions of the job. The Foreman will occasionally lift, move or push up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision. Ascending or descending stairs is required, and movement of uneven terrain is frequently required to carry out essential duties. Driving of a vehicle is required.
The Foreman will spend time both on the physical jobsite and in the office. This position is exposed to high temperatures, cool/cold temperatures and loud noises. Work in the construction area poses significantly greater risk due to moving construction equipment and active construction zones with trip and fall hazards. The office environment is a low to medium risk area. Computers and phones are constantly in use.
E-Z Bel Construction, LLC, a Best Place to Work in San Antonio award winner, performs civil and commercial construction projects for a variety of public and private entities. E-Z Bel primarily builds in the San Antonio and South/Central Texas region specializing in street, drainage, utility, concrete and traffic signal work.
Our core clients include the City of San Antonio, Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT), San Antonio area municipalities and various developers.
E-Z Bel is known to take on complicated projects with significant traffic control and constructability issues. Although the Company primarily operates as a general contractor, E-Z Bel also has a full service traffic signal and roadway illumination department that performs both as a prime contractor and a subcontractor.
San Antonio, TX
Sat, 2 Sep 2017 15:26:13 PDT