Land Acquisition Development Associate
Land Acquisition Development Associate
Located in Dallas, Texas, and founded in 1981, the Skorburg Company is one of the largest, privately-held single family residential development and land investment firms in Dallas-Fort Worth. The company is seeking a highly skilled, motivated, detail-oriented individual to join the Land Acquisition Department which finds and acquires potential land for development. The ideal candidate would have an entrepreneurial spirit preferably with 2-5 years of experience with a real estate brokerage firm, law firm, construction company, or in sales.
With some supervision, this individual will provide real estate acquisition opportunities to fulfill the company's production objectives. Most acquisition prospecting will be from internally prepared and proprietary primary market research. Additionally, the associate will identify such opportunities through contacts with brokers, bankers, builders, landowners, engineers, established company contacts and prospective landowners.
To join our team, this individual's responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Conducting property research from databases and the internet
• Making research maps from county, city and property information
• Conducting market studies by talking with cities, homebuilding companies, brokers, bankers, landowners, engineers, etc.
• Generate and negotiate contracts for the purchase of land
• Communicating weekly with cities to receive agendas for Council and P&Z Meetings
• Prepare PowerPoint presentations for City Council and P&Z Meetings
• Keep up files, database, and research
• Update database daily
• Communicating all pertinent information to development associates and management
• Learn to initiate contact and communicate with property owners, brokers, builders, and development companies regarding the purchase and sale of land.
• Learn to be resourceful in obtaining pertinent real estate information quickly and be able to provide a preliminary level of screening for prospective deals
• Creation and review of due diligence property documents and cost estimating with support from our in-house financial analysis team
General Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes Required
• Proficiency in MS Windows and Office products - (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Typing Proficiency
• Strength in numerical analysis
• Theoretical, Creative Thinking, and Problem-Solving Skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment
• Detail oriented and highly organized
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Understands the importance of follow-through
• Flexible schedule to occasionally stay and meet deadlines
• Accountable, responsible and highly organized.
• Common Sense
• Comfortable and willing to make cold calls to property owners, builders, cities, brokers, and any other constituents.
• Outgoing, positive attitude
• Demonstrates self-confidence and leadership qualities
• Likes to work and communicate inside and outside the company
Candidates must have a mature business approach to solving complex problems. Having experience with writing acquisition and disposition contracts and contacts in D/FW is a plus. Candidates must possess the ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing. Candidates must also be able to coordinate information-sharing and work-distribution effectively within the company. Candidate must be strong with numeric analytical skills.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Skorburg Company offers excellent medical / dental benefits, as well as paid vacation.
Submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Located in Dallas, Texas, and founded in 1981, the Skorburg Company is a growing and dynamic real estate Land Development firm and a leader in the development of single-family residences.
Seeking United States citizens. currently in the DFW metroplex.
Sat, 2 Sep 2017 11:39:22 PDT