Empowerment Healthcare is a dynamic Group Home organization currently experiencing significant growth. Due to continued growth and expansion, Empowerment Healthcare is seeking a candidate to assist the organization in the capacity of House Manager.
As a House Manager you would be a leader and work with a group of individuals who need assistance to live successfully in their own home and community.
You provide for the health, safety and well-being of individuals with disabilities in the home for which you are responsible and to support their interests and choices so that they may lead fulfilling lives. In addition, you supervise staff and direct the facilitation of the healthcare, safety, interests and choices of the people with disabilities for whom you are responsible, and to manage the operation of the household.
Your day to day work may include:
- Supporting the people you work with and your co-workers to gain skills and knowledge through ongoing teaching, coaching, and role modeling
- Collaborating with the people you work with and your co-workers and your supervisor to problem solve and create a positive culture.
- Clear and accurate documentation
- Providing assistance or support with activities of daily living in the home and community based on the needs and preferences of the people you work with.
- This includes transportation, medical and dental appointments, personal cares, cooking, cleaning, medication administration, support of positive behavior and working through difficult situations in ways that lead to positive outcomes.
- Partnering with your supervisor to ensure success for the people you support and your co-workers.
- This includes scheduling, household management, providing performance feedback, and communicating with case managers, families, and other service providers.
- Using your excellent listening and communication skills.
Minimum job requirements:
- At least two years of experience in a group home setting
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- PCA Certification (25 question test you'll take)
- Demonstrate a positive, compassionate and caring attitude
- Value diversity and treat our clients and fellow coworkers with respect and dignity
- Be able to effectively read Care Plans as well as communicate both written and verbally.
- Be able to adapt well with our clients' needs and Care Plan changes
- Be able to socialize and build positive relationships with clients
- Ability to work well with others as well as individually
- Have reliable transportation with a good driving record, proper license and insurance
- Have effective listening skills
- Maintain confidentiality
Empowerment Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer who provides a work environment that is filled with opportunities for personal challenges and rewards. In addition to competitive compensation, benefits and opportunities for growth, we also provide you the chance to make a daily difference in the lives of people with disabilities.
Empowerment Healthcare strives to truly Support, Advocate, and Empower our clients to meet their full potential and have the opportunity to succeed in the community.
Brooklyn Park, MN
Sat, 2 Sep 2017 07:11:00 PDT