NeilMed Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an ISO certified manufacturer of Class I medical devices. Our products are registered with the FDA and manufactured at our Corporate Headquarters in Santa Rosa, California. Due to expansion, we are looking for a Manufacturing Supervisor. The position is responsible for productivity, quality, safety and management of people. Strong leadership skills, effective decision making skills "common sense" and production machine expertise is strongly desired.
- Hire: Select the best-qualified candidate in coordination with Plant Manager. Plant Manager to conduct initial interviews and department supervisor to confirm hire.
- Orient and Train: Provide appropriate orientation for the employee addressing product and equipment instructions. Continue to respectfully, communicate with employees and conduct training as needed to improved performance. Conduct training as needed to enhance employee performance.
- Assign work: Assign duties to the employees, explaining how those duties are to be done (i.e. what level of performance will meet the supervisor's expectations) and communicate how the successful performance of those duties will be measured.
- Evaluate Performance: Complete written performance evaluations annually. Performance expectations and employee results should be communicated regularly, addressing issues that need to be corrected as well as recognizing good performance.
- Reward Performance: Recommend performance awards and/or merit increases when appropriate. As merit increases and award programs are implemented, supervisors will receive information for their eligible employees.
- Approving Time Records and Requests for Time off: Review weekly agency time and attendance records and approve requests for time off. Your signature on a time record means you concur with the hours worked as recorded by the employee, including any overtime worked or time taken off. Supervisors provide the first level of approval for approving time off or vacation. Plant Manager and VP of QA/RA will be the final approval for time off request.
- Resolve Complaints: Help employees address and resolve a wide variety of concerns and complaints. Most of the time this will include referring them to the appropriate department (Department Head, HR, or Payroll for additional assistance) or obtaining assistance on matters before addressing them with the employee. When resolution is not clear, supervisors are to seek further assistance before advising employees.
- Discipline and Dismiss Employees: Supervisors are responsible for documenting performance at least annually and keeping written records of performance problems. Dismissals are to be approved by three levels of management. Supervisor should present the facts associated with employee performance to Plant Manager. Supervisors must obtain guidance from Human Resources for any disciplinary or dismissal action.
- Production Line Effectiveness: Productivity, Quality, Safety are the key goals:
- Ensure employees are training and perform work safely. Conduct inspections, accident investigation and participate in safety goals.
- Ensure the production line is set at the start of the shift and as necessary during the shift when new work orders begin.
- Measure productivity on a daily basis and compare with the productivity target. Document actual output versus target and provide suggestions on how improve productivity performance/ target.
- Ensure all equipment is in good working condition and report malfunctions or inefficiencies to Maintenance immediately. Provide updates on the progress of repair of equipment.
- Enter production data on a daily basis.
- Verify samples and labels, ensuring the information on the work order and DHR matches.
- Submit attendance sheets within assigned timeline.
- Gather materials in advance and verify required amounts are ready before beginning work order.
- Prepare materials and contact Warehouse to return unused materials to inventory Items when work order has been completed. Complete all documentation and submit to assigned person before leaving for the day. (more detail)
- Ensure machines and equipment is cleaned by the end of the shift and placed in the proper location to protect property.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Minimum High School Education, advanced education is preferred
- Previous supervisor experience or strong leadership skills.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) is strongly desired
- Ability to set goals and achieve results
- Provide assistance and support
- Ability to establish a positive/motivating work environment while achieving results
- Build teams and teamwork
- Drive efficiency and continuous improvement
- Ability to follow and give instructions
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Adaptability Flexible
- Problem solver
- Hard working
- Knowledge of basic computer skills
- Mechanically inclined
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus!
Supervisors are required to perform such activities as developing, mentoring, motivating and providing performance coaching to staff (individually and as a group) supporting diversity and establishing an effective team.
Supervisors are required to work Saturdays and Overtime as dictated by the company.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
NeilMed Pharmaceuticals is a family owned and operated global company that holds the leadership brand position for saline and nasal care products worldwide. NeilMed Pharmaceutical has offices and warehouses located in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Malaysia, Singapore, India and is rapidly expanding its sales in Southeast Asia and South America. Our success is attributed to the dedicated, passionate and committed employees that work at NeilMed, who are passionate about the company and their contributions toward the overall mission.
Santa Rosa, CA
Sat, 2 Sep 2017 14:58:33 PDT