Estimator / Purchasing Manager - New Home Builder
Work within a top quality home building company and handle all of the necessary items to purchase and estimate the quantity of materials needed to create detailed exact estimates and material orders that will be shipped to the home sites. These items will be specifically chosen for each customers home and will change on each project. You will work with the construction and design department to ensure that materials are being ordered to company standard and that these orders are correct and able to be approved by suppliers and contractors.
- Estimate Construction Materials used in residential home construction
- Detailed Quantity take-offs of in units of each material on every home design
- Maintain a vendor cost database in excel weekly
- Create Purchase Orders in Excel
- Work with suppliers to negotiate pricing and create proper shipping lists
- Work with contractors to create fair pricing for success of both companies
- Create charts and formulas in excel to improve accuracy of take offs
- Set up purchasing systems to improve pricing and improve efficiency.
You must pass a number of tests relating to math, estimating, and excel to get this position. You also must have strong communication skills
A family owned and operated home builder who prides ourselves on top quality construction standards and educating our customers to ensure they are getting the best value home for their needs. We only look to work with the top construction professionals in the Pittsburgh area and do not settle for second best. You will become part of the family and be treated right and in return be expected to be a productive member of the team that cares about our customers and the company future. We expect you to become part of the great company culture, follow the company standards, and deliver high level customer service that we are known for throughout the industry to maintain our strong reputation.
Mon, 21 Aug 2017 07:31:49 PDT