Quality Assurance Specialist
Quality Assurance Manager
The purpose of this position is to satisfy customer requirements by managing the quality of product according to customer and TS16949 standards.
- Participate in the Advanced Product Quality Planning process including advising teams and creating related documentation such as FMEA's, Flowcharts and Control Plans.
- Maintains contact with customers and suppliers to assist in resolving concerns and advanced quality issues if requested by immediate Supervisor. Travel to these locations if required.
- Assist the TST-INC. problem solving process by participating in or leading 8D and CIT teams.
- Assist in developing sampling procedures and forms or instruction for recording, evaluating and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Maintains and updates all documents related to assigned laboratory facility.
- Assist in the TS16949 development process.
- Complies and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must have the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry, GD & T and trigonometry. Must be able to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Must be able to read documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Detail and process orientation.
- Ability to use independent judgment in the exercise of daily responsibilities
- Work effectively under deadlines; maintain detailed and accurate records.
- Able to deal effectively with changing conditions.
- Ability to think in the abstract and see how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Communicate effectively, clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Team work is extremely important in this line of work.
- Able to work rotating shifts.
Work is indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. Setting is production driven and manufacturing plant/light industrial.
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required
knowledge and abilities is qualifying. However, we prefer the following.
- Preferred Bachelors degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or three years experience performing Quality Engineering duties with two years experience in secondary machining operations.
- Demonstrated ability in mathematics, statistical analysis, precision measurement, industrial practices, computer literacy or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- ASQC Certified, CQE preferred but not required. Valid state driver's license.
- Familiarity with 5S activity.
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed and are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities and duties.
San Antonio, TX
Fri, 1 Sep 2017 05:55:20 PDT