This position is responsible for keeping the county jail secure, process new inmates, effectively monitors inmates' activities and visitors, and maintains necessary records. This position is responsible for the care and custody of all inmates in accordance with Policy and Texas Commission on Jail Standards.
• Process new inmates, including completing log sheets, searching inmates, collecting their personal belongings and preparing receipts for them;
• Complete necessary paperwork, including medical reports, offense reports, release forms, etc.; • Check building at regular intervals to ensure security;
• Control visitors' access to inmates and provides security for visitors;
• Ensure correct security procedures are followed when inmates are released;
• Interview inmates to obtain adequate information to classify them and assign them to appropriate housing; • Monitor and manage inmates activities;
• Monitor detention units and jail facility; • Escort inmates to the exercise yard;
• Ensure that inmates have proper bedding and clothes; • Assist in feeding the inmates; • Or any other duties and tasks assigned
Must have a High School Diploma or GED and have no criminal record. All applicants must be at least 18 years of age. Preferably some jail experience and you must have a current Texas driver's license. Sheriff's Office application/background packet must be returned to Debbie Kraft at 2617 N. Guadalupe St. Seguin, Texas 78155
The mission of the Guadalupe County Sheriff's Office is to provide professional law enforcement services to the citizens and visitors of Guadalupe County, to protect life and property, and to provide a safe, secure, and humane incarceration of inmates.
The Sheriff and his Deputies recognize that no law enforcement agency can operate at its maximum potential without supportive input from the citizens it serves. This Office actively solicits and encourages the cooperation of all citizens to reduce criminal activity and within legal limits, to assist in bringing to justice those that prey on the person and property of others.
Fri, 1 Sep 2017 11:01:57 PDT