Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Production / Dev Ops & Support)
Do you want to change the world for generations to come? Join ControlExpert! A brand new team: creating culture and innovation to transform the industry
We are exploding into the US market to disrupt and deliver a digital ecosystem of products focused on transforming the interactive experiences for Insurance Claims industry. We have chosen the Silicon Beach as our home offering a great place to work and an even greater place to enjoy life.
We are looking for the "best-of-the-best" in the industry to support our expanding business. We are seeking a startup / agile minded Sr. Lead Infrastructure Engineer who is passionate about revolutionizing an industry and changing the world positively with technology.
Your position will lead the day-to-day production and development infrastructure operations and support user of the ControlExpert (CE) platform and its users. This role is responsible for change management, systems & network architecture, engineering, administration operations and support. The successful candidate is a strategic thinker, and a Hands-On expert in their specialty.
We are a start-up and need a lead who can lead and take ownership of the systems and network and lead us to the next level.
This is both a "ground up" and "reboot" position, so a unique combination of early stage startup and mature but evolving business. The candidate needs to be entrepreneurial, a self-starter, great at working with others and leading by example leveraging best practice processes, frameworks and outside-the-box solutions that enable our rapid growth and culture.
The right candidate will have the opportunity to work in a super exciting start-up environment with accelerated vertical growth. You'll work and collaborate with some of the best technical minds and contributing to a culture unparalleled in the industry.
We've got plenty of room for you to be creative, solve impossible problems, try new technologies and have an impact. That's just the start... the possibilities are endless! Sound Exciting! We're looking for you.
- Confident not arrogant
- Curious; humble, hungry, and hunting
- Grasp new concepts quickly, an innovator, constantly striving for excellence
- Detail oriented; challenging the status quo
- Exceptionally strong communicator, listener, and collaborator
- Strong desire to work within a fast-paced, constantly ambitious, startup environment
- Independent, team player; self-motivated
- Accountable, ability to manage time effectively - delivering on commitments
- Quality and excellence driven; take pride in your work always be raising the bar
Responsibilities, In this role you will:
This is a hands-on position with a dual role expectation of overseeing Infrastructure responsibilities:
- Plan, build and maintain cloud infrastructure and automation to support our high-volume mission critical services. Client Service level: 99.9% up-time
- Lead security, availability, resilience, and compliance initiatives aligned with industry and regulatory requirements (ISO, SSAE16, etc.)
- Firmly believe in technology and automation; must be adaptable to learn and adapt new technologies
- Leverage IT operations best practices, establishing and maintain key quality metrics
- Configure and tune IT infrastructure, instrumentation monitoring systems to effectively managing, detecting existing and predicting future issues
- Own IT support with rapid responses, troubleshooting, and triage of IT service issues
- Research and resolve complex problems ensuring negligible impact on client and internal operations
- Develop, execute, and maintain Critical Services Business Continuity plans
- Design and implement server and network infrastructure (physical, logical, and virtual) to ensure effective and efficient operations and performance.
- Performs server and network administration functions, including designing, configuring, installing, repairing.
- Maintains and upgrades hardware, and operating systems; as well as testing and optimizing network software and physical infrastructure.
- Document server, network, and infrastructure processes, including resource allocation of centralized, decentralized and remote network services.
- Identifies and recommends appropriate changes to server, network infrastructure to improve performance, reliability, and availability.
- Lead the selection, development, and implementation process for systems, servers, and network solutions.
- Drives the day to day management and operational activities to protecting our production / development infrastructure environment including servers, security system, DMZ, perimeter, proxy, 3rd party connectivity and remote access against internal and external security threats; manage the security incident response program.
- Keep systems secure, maintain operations and communications to support member, staff
- Keep management and staff aware of any infrastructure or service interruptions and/or status changes.
• 7 + years overall Microsoft infrastructure, engineering, administration, and support experience
• 5 + years of hands-on application and infrastructure support with a focus on Microsoft technologies Web based systems as well as multiple open source tools (Mass Transit, Rabbit MQ, etc.)
• Expert in developing and documenting QA standards and guidelines.
• 3 + years DevOps management of Source control, product build, integration and release management experience: JIRA, Test Rails, GITLAB and Team City
• 7 + years Systems Engineer / Admin experience - expert experience supporting mission critical platforms, both physical and virtualized using VMWare and MS Hypervisor technologies
• Mastery of all Window operating systems (Server / Desktop) and technologies that operate on them. (IIS, MS SQL, SSIS, SSRS, etc.)
• 3 + years Network administration (Sophos, Cisco, etc.)
• Expert knowledge of private cloud computing architectures, Network topologies and clustering - load balancing techniques (MS, Cisco, F5, Sophos, etc.)
• Strong scripting and automation skills
• Expert experience in MS SQL, ETL and Data Warehouse
• Certification in ITIL
• VMware VCP Certification
• Certifications such as ITIL, VCP, CAST, CSTE, CMST, CMSQ, MCP, MCITP, MCSE, MCSA, CCNA, CCNP, CISA, CISSP
• Agile / SCRUM certifications desirable
• Insurance Claims Platforms / Applications experience desirable
• Startup company culture and team leadership
Technical Skills & Knowledge (Setup, Configuration & Management)
- IT Operations Tools: Alertra, PRTG, JIRA, Automation Scripting
- Server 2012 R2 +; MS SQL 2014 +; IIS, SSRS, SSIS; Exchange 2013 +
- Desktop; Windows 10, Windows 7
- Cisco & Sophos Security system; F5 Load balancers
- Development technologies:
- .Net /C#/Web APIs/MVC/LINQ/WCF/WPF
- Databases / ORM: SQL Server, MySQL, Stored Procedure Development, Performance Tuning, nHibernate, Entity Framework
- Mobile technologies, SOA, Enterprise Service Bus, Application scalability
- Extensive knowledge of Enterprise Architecture methodologies such as TOGAF or the equivalent
- Development Tools: JIRA, Team City, Visual Studio 2015, WebStorm, Jasmine, Mock
- Deep understanding of enterprise / cloud platform and mobile application designs
- Excellent people and verbal and written communication skills with an ability to communicate with internal/external partners at all levels
- A great problem solver with ability to multitask and prioritize multiple incoming requests
Do you want to change the world for generations to come? A brand-new team: creating culture and innovation to transform the industry.
ControlExpert is a technology-centric company built on a culture of adaptability, quality and excellence. We seek the most talented people in the industry and place a high value in retaining and organically growing our talent. You'll work in a world-class team with a work hard, play hard attitude.
Why join ControlExpert!!
- Attitude: Startup - entrepreneurial culture; creativity, innovation, accountability, and passion
- Competitive salary with excellent growth opportunities; e value ourselves in having a team that exudes leadership, challenging itself continuously raising the bar
- Company funding for outside classes and conferences to develop your skills and to benefit the output
- Awesome Health/Benefits: We offer a suite of benefits including Medical, Dental and 401k options
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days
- The Right Gear: All the bells and whistles you need to drive results.
- The Right Culture: Frequent Team events and friendly competition.
- Culture Initiatives: Frequent team activities, such as happy hours, bbqs, etc.
- Casual work environment: A t-shirt are jeans are standard attire for our team. We encourage our team members to go for the occasional walk, run and / or workout. (Free Gym)
- Great Location: Across the street from Manhattan Beach. We are headquartered in sunny El Segundo, CA, right next to some of the best beaches, surf, sports and food option, you can find!
- Continental Park 15% discount on all food
Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
We digitize manual processes of insurance and leasing companies in the automotive area through simplifying and accelerating complex transactions.
Our investment company started 15 years ago, at that time the settlement of a vehicle claim took long and was expensive.
Over the years, we standardized the knowledge of our car experts more and more in databases and added manufacturer data to it. This unique combination of IT-and car know-how is our recipe to success: Today we are able to audit estimates, appraisals, invoices and maintenance documents more automatically.
The customers benefit by receiving the great saving potential from ControlExpert and having an accelerated cycle time. Today we audit more than 6 million. vehicle claims per year, with over 600 colleagues in 13 countries.
Our customers are all major insurance and leasing companies.
El Segundo, CA
Fri, 25 Aug 2017 10:42:56 PDT