The Branch Manager of Highway Brokerage Services will have broad responsibilities for the sales, pricing and operational development of the highway portion of the Watco Supply Chain Services portfolio. It will be critical for this leader to develop a team that both sells and operates services that) create value for our customers, b) are complementary to existing Watco competencies, and c) offer above average revenue and profit growth rates. The Branch Manager position represents a leadership role within the Company. Desired locations are Dallas, Chicago and Houston.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
•Leadership of the sales and business development initiative for the branch
Administer pricing to balance closing the sale while meeting internal profit margins
•Determine verticals or niches to strengthen competencies in.
•Develop the operating capability of the branch
•Branch level P&L responsibilities including developing detailed annual financial plans, review of monthly results, accountability for plan variances and insuring a balanced investment approach between business development and operations. Financial plans will be based on specifically defined target objectives
•Work with other Watco operating units to develop joint approaches to customer development and growth
•Deliver cost effective solutions that always keeps the long term interest of the customer as the first priority
•Create a high performance team atmosphere that fosters innovation, high productivity, and low turnover
• Create value for existing and new customers based on finding appropriate and creative solutions to transportation needs
Leadership and Supervision
• Responsibilities include hiring, training, scheduling and managing through positive and negative turnover situations
• Effectively supervise and manage direct reports, providing team leadership and motivation
• Ensures team performance to annual goals and objectives
• Evaluate and communicate employee performance levels by assessing performance and productivity against specifically defined individual goals and targets. Evaluations will be through formal and informal procedures and done on a bi-annual basis.
• Ensures annual team member performance reviews are conducted in a timely and effective manner. Evaluates performance of team members for compliance with established policies and objectives of the organization and contributions in attaining objectives
• Helps set the tone of the department to ensure service focus, morale, team work, and a positive culture
• Regularly schedules leadership/management, department, and staff 1:1 meetings to provide leadership, development, and a forum for communication to ensure coordination and collaboration in meeting organization and individual goals
• Minimum of 10 years of professional highway transportation business development and operations
• A 4-year college degree in a relevant field; or commensurate industry experience
• Significant highway service knowledge, including demonstrable direct relationships with key personnel in the Fortune 500 organization set
• Demonstrably business development and sales successes
• Demonstrable operations knowledge
• Strong organization, project and personnel management skills
• Must possess expert level PC skills- Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Self-starter capable of working independently and making decisions with limited supervision
• Record of business acumen improving financial results for business
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
• Experience managing a profit center
A Watco Companies subsidiary, Watco Supply Chain Services was created for one reason: to provide our Customers, with world-class supply chain solutions. Watco Supply Chain Services has inherited a rich history of taking care of the Customer. Our experienced team is made up of industry-knowledgeable people that take great pride in their work and care deeply for our Customers. Along with the latest technology, we are able to offer our Customers the most efficient, cost effective supply chain solutions.
Fri, 1 Sep 2017 08:31:37 PDT