Estimator Project Manager
General Description of Position
The Estimator/Project Manager (EPM) position consists of two primary responsibilities. As Estimators, EPMs must be able to work with the Managing Engineer, Lead Drafter, and/or Lead Estimator to prepare thorough, accurate, and timely estimates on structural walls for projects that Jobsite Steel intends to panelize. Estimates are prepared utilizing Revit. As Project Managers, EPMs will coordinate with Jobsite Steel customers to ensure customer projects are executed per customer expectations, on schedule, and within budget.
Primary job responsibilities and competencies include:
• Working knowledge of Revit for performance of estimates.
• Understanding of building construction, emphasis on light gauge metal framing.
• Collaborating with estimating, drafting, and fabrication to maintain project documentation needs in accordance with project schedules.
• Reviewing outbound shop drawing submittals and coordinate modifications to returned submittals with guidance from managing engineer.
• Solving problems and clearly communicate in a team environment.
• Visiting project sites at customer's request. Attendance of progress meetings as requested by customer.
• Being first point of contact for customer, and aggressively solving problems in accordance with company culture.
Additional skills needed:
• Competency in general computer applications (Microsoft Office, gmail, etc.).
• Willingness to work in a true R&D company, where applications and processes change and improve continually.
• Able to function independently without constant supervision.
• Field and/or office experience in a structural engineering firm is a plus.
About Jobsite Steel Manufacturing:
Jobsite Steel Manufacturing (JSM) is a dynamic, fast-paced manufacturer of light gauge steel construction products. By utilizing the newest technologies available, and continually improving and developing our own technology, JSM positions itself as an innovator in construction technology, fabrication, and processes.
Employees considering a position with JSM must exhibit an attitude and energy level consistent with the culture of the company. Additionally, professional and personal integrity, as well as a desire to exist and thrive in a true collaborative team-based environment, is must for anyone seeking employment with JSM.
JSM is an industry-leading manufacturer of light gauge wall panels for the commercial construction industry. We pride ourselves on strong company culture, relentless innovation, and a true team environment. Based in Lenoir City, TN, we also have a plant in Waco, TX, and will be adding Northeast coverage in mid 2017, and a West Coast plant in early 2018.
Lenoir City, TN
Fri, 1 Sep 2017 10:08:02 PDT