Food Safety and QA Manager
Food Safety and QA Manager
This job contributes to the company's success by developing, implementing and monitoring quality strategy and programs to ensure the continuous supply of safe, wholesome and premium quality products to customers and customer satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the development, implements and tracks effectiveness of QA programs including standards, procedures, tools and measures to assure that quality and product safety requirements are met for food products and ingredients.
- Analyzes product quality metrics, audit data, customer feedback, regulator and work group input. Leads investigation and resolution of concerns from regulators, business channels or internal and external customers.
- Manages the interface with other functions to recommend and oversee updates of company operating procedures, training programs, technical manuals, standards and operational tools for product safety. Assures accuracy is preserved through key stakeholder reviews and operations communication process.
- Creates structure and organization of QA files of required suppliers, audits, food safety reviews, operating procedures, product information, compliance documents, certificates and/or critical supporting data in both electronic and paper formats.
- Develops and delivers effective communications to provide partners at all levels with appropriate awareness and knowledge of quality assurance standards, requirement, program updates and process changes
- Interfaces and influences cross-functional teams as the Product Safety and Quality System expert in the development of new initiatives or operating practices. Ensures company business initiatives meet Quality and product Safety standards.
- Plan, coordinate, implement and maintain plant wide certification for SQF Level II.
- Leads project teams to develop and implement new QA programs or procedure improvements needed to support business initiatives. Collaborates and influences cross functionally to create alignment of QA program requirements across the company.
- Leads quality and food safety incident resolution activities for the products and operating practices. Determines and recommends appropriate mitigation activities
- Provides product Safety consultation and support to cross functional teams in execution of business initiatives, feasibility assessment of product claims, acceptability of operating practices or in opening of new markets.
- Provide guidance and assistance to QC technicians, Managers and kitchen crew on production technology and quality control.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of food technology, food microbiology, thermal processing, safe food handling procedures, Ready-To-Eat (RTE) food preparations.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), HACCP Principles
- Background and knowledge of SQF Certifications
- Ability to design and conduct Quality System and facilitate audits.
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects and responsibilities in a fast-changing environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and influence internal customers and external service providers
- Ability to apply sound technical principles to root cause analyses, problem solving and project management.
- Ability to lead small teams, to manage progress effectively in ambiguous and unstructured situations
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver accurate outcomes
- Ability to multitask, be detail oriented and to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to organize collection of data, analyze information and capture conclusions
- B.S. degree in food science or related studies
- Good working knowledge of SQF Certification
- HACCP trained and certified
Since 1973 Schwartz Brothers Bakery has created premium, artisanal pastries and breads made as they always were with the highest quality ingredients using home-style recipes. Our bottom line has always been about family, with good people sharing good food. So go on and share with those you care about and enjoy!
Our products are available in the bakery sections of grocery stores throughout the West including QFC, Fred Meyer, Costco, New Seasons, s, Safeway, Thriftway, Town & Country Markets, and Albertsons.
Sat, 19 Aug 2017 13:43:48 PDT