Senior Professional Research Assistant
Data Science Project Manager
Senior Professional Research Assistant (PRA)
Data Science to Patient Value (D2V)
University of Colorado Denver, Anschutz Medical Campus
NATURE OF WORK:
Data Science to Patient Value (D2V) is a multidisciplinary research initiative that focuses on Big Data methods, their applications to medicine and health care delivery, and ultimately, the achievement of high value health patient-centered health care. D2V accomplishes this by creating an environment of collaboration and innovation in which the top minds in Data Science, Health Care Delivery and Health Services Research tackle important problems. D2V places a high priority on translation and dissemination ensuring the 'products', be they analytic methods or care pathways, have maximal impact.
D2V has an opening for a full-time Senior Professional Research Assistant (PRA). This position is responsible for project management of data science research activities such as education, evaluation and/or implementation projects, under the supervision of the D2V Program Manager. Competitive candidates will be detail-oriented, innately curious, and highly motivated to excel in a dynamic team environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Tasks assigned may include, but are not limited to:
- Support Informatics and Analytics Cores to advance respective core objectives.
- Develop, execute and manage research and other project processes according to research protocol and/or project management plan.
- Projects may include:
- Pilot research protocols
- Educational activities & events
- Stakeholder outreach & engagement
- Pilot research protocols
- Facilitate communication among Principal Investigators and study team to ensure timely achievement of project goals.
- Design, develop and coordinate study protocols, instruments/tools, and all other documents related to the research and evaluation projects.
- Request and coordinate access to and/or transfer of large data sets.
- Coordinate and/or compiling and disseminating documents (including visual presentations, e.g., posters for conferences) related to the research projects.
- Coordinate and/or maintain regulatory documents in accordance with Institutional Review Board and other applicable regulatory institutions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with study stakeholders and associated non-study personnel.
- Oversee literature searches and manuscript coordination, editing, and submission.
- Coordinating and compiling grant applications.
- Additional tasks required for project management and completion.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
- Master's degree in relevant field plus 2 years research experience.
- Highly organized and attentive to detail with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Comfortable working with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent assignments.
- Ability to problem-solve unexpected and novel technical and logistical challenges associated with complex projects.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and collaboratively as an integral member of various teams.
- Project management experience, preferably in data science and research/evaluation capacity.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Master's degree in relevant field plus 3-5 years research experience.
- Experience in Data Science, Public Health, Health Services, Epidemiology, or Implementation research fields.
- Aptitude to competently learn new software programs.
- Past experience submitting protocols to an Institutional Review Board (IRB).
- Previous experience in research/evaluation project management, quantitative data collection, data management, and analysis.
- Manuscript development, writing, and submission experience.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 10952
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21628 - SOM-COHO Center
Posting Date: Sep 1, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Kayla LaPerriere
Posting Contact Email: Kayla.LaPerriere@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00738279