Administrative Assistant III
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Center for Faculty Development
Administrative Assistant III
Position #669035 - Requisition 10949
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Located in the heart of downtown, CU Denver provides a vibrant, urban research university experience, with academic programs ranging from the liberal arts and sciences to global energy management, music industry studies and criminal justice among eight schools and colleges. The classroom extends into the city as students study, network and build careers in the surrounding business district. CU Denver unites quality academics, ambitious research and creative work, civic consciousness and driven students-all in the lively setting of downtown Denver. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
The purpose of this full-time, state classified Administrative Assistant II position is to support the work of the Director, Assistant Director, and Faculty Fellows in the Center for Faculty Development (CFD), and is responsible for event management, event promotion, tracking and reporting faculty participation data, communicating with various constituencies, office management, monitoring budget expenditures, managing student workers, and administering financial transactions of the CFD.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Oversee management of day-to-day operations of the department.
- Serve as a knowledgeable point of contact and source of information for inquiries (in-person, phone, email).
- Maintain CFD calendar.
- Make travel arrangements for CFD staff when needed.
- Event coordination and management.
- Create elevator signs, postcards, electronic banners, and other promotional materials using design applications.
- Create and distribute attractive promotional emails to promote events using a targeted faculty email list.
- Create and maintain web site through independent, continual update, and management.
- Conduct a complete review and update of the CFD web site annually.
- Create and maintain faculty participation database.
- Produce customized and routine (monthly, semester, annually) statistical reports regarding usage and activity. (using pivot tables)
- Compile data and create reports for distribution.
- Manage general fund, auxiliary and contract/grant funded accounts.
- Recruit, hire, and train student workers as needed.
- Various other duties or tasks as assigned and/or needed.
Hiring Salary Range: $3,458-$3,823 / month (non-negotiable)*
*The salary offered is usually the minimum listed, however, a salary above the minimum may be offered for some hard to fill positions.
Employees hired into these positions are eligible for University benefits. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits program, including eligibility, is located at www.cu.edu/employee-services.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Please make sure to include the following in your resume: job title, duties, months and years employed, and average hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis.
Three (3) years of general clerical or administrative service experience, which include one year of experience with database management.
Colorado law requires that candidates for state government jobs be residents of Colorado at the time of application.
College or university course work, appropriate to the work assignment, may substitute for the general clerical experience on a year-for-year basis, but not for the one year of specific experience.
• Experience working in a higher education environment.
• Experience with event planning, coordination, and management.
• Experience using Qualtrics or other survey software.
• Experience using pivot tables to organize and analyze data.
• Experience tracking and managing expenses.
• Proficiency with Excel
• Proficiency with MSWord (ability to produce formatted documents or willingness to learn)
• Proficiency with InDesign (or other design software/apps or willingness to learn)
• Proficiency with Mail Chimp (or willingness to learn)
• Excellent customer service skills
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills
• Ability to verify the accuracy of your work
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Outstanding attention to detail
• Ability to work independently
• Willingness and ability to learn, flexibility and adaptability
• Ability to establish rapport with individuals from diverse backgrounds and ability to interact effectively with all levels within the University
• Ability to take direction/follow instructions and use independent judgment to coordinate various projects and meet multiple deadlines
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to effectively encourage compliance with processes, policies, and procedures
• Time management and ability to prioritize are key
• Design sensibility
Special Instructions to Applicants:Classified Staff positions have specific application requirements: Submit all required documents indicated in this posting. Include a current email address as communication is electronic-based. Failure to complete a timely application may result in the rejection of your application. Applications MUST be completed in their entirety, including job title, duties, months and years employed, and hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Address qualifications, competencies and preferred qualifications in your application, as these along with previous work experience will be used to assess competencies. Answers will be verified against your application and may be checked with references. False information could lead to your removal from the hiring process. Click here to view Veteran and other General Information regarding Classified Staff positions.
For those who meet minimum qualifications, the comparative analysis process will include one or all of the following: • Preferred Qualifications Application Review based on the preferred qualifications listed in the posting. (Candidates will be evaluated and rated against the preferred qualifications based on information submitted within their application materials). Note: Candidates are not physically present for this portion of the comparative analysis. • First Round Interview based on the job requirements, preferred qualifications and competencies listed in the posting. (Candidates will be evaluated, scored and ranked based on oral responses). You will be notified via email if the comparative analysis process changes or includes additional assessment tools other than those listed above.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: This announcement is open until Wednesday, September 20, 2017 or until 75 applications have been received, whichever occurs first. To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting: A cover letter and resume that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. Your resume MUST include job title, duties, months and years employed, and average hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Resumes are part of the comparative analysis (selection process) and will be used as part or all of the comparative analysis process to rank candidates.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30031 - AVCASA-FAUE Ctr for Fac Develo
Posting Date: Sep 1, 2017
Closing Date: Sep 20, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Sheri Kalina Jungman
Posting Contact Email: Sheri.KalinaJungman@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00669035