Dining-Residential - 163720
Is this an internal posting only?
hours may vary
Join the University of North Texas Verde Catering department where fresh is "in"! All of our food is prepared fresh in our kitchens using local vendors and farms - no convenience foods.
Our Dining Services department includes a nationally acclaimed vegan cafeteria, faculty and staff meal plans, and dining halls are open to the community. All menu planning is done in-house by each kitchen's chef and fresh ice cream is made on campus. Our future plans include a bakery and farm on campus to provide as many sustainable options as possible. To our staff, eating local is not just an attitude, it's our way of life.
The University of North Texas is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance.
The Food Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a part time hourly Driver to join their team. The Driver will provide service and assistance under the supervision of food service staff and/or management. An employee in this class generally has no supervisory responsibilities. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Delivering hot boxes and other food items to locations on and off Campus.
* Other duties as assigned
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
There are no minimum education or experience requirements. The following knowledge, abilities and skills are required:
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions
* Ability to maintain records and complete forms accurately.
* Ability to apply mathematical concepts to complete tasks (example: collecting cash and making change.)
* Knowledge of the care and use of food service equipment and kitchen utensils.
* Knowledge of health hazards in food preparation and service and necessary precautionary measures.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
* Ability to perform work involving standing, stooping, lifting, and use of utensils and equipment relating to food service operations.
* Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Valid driver's license.
* Ability to operate vans and box trucks in a variety of weather and traffic conditions.
* Ability to develop plans to resolve issues in a proactive manner.
* Good driving record.
Special Instructions to Applicants
* This posting is an hourly position and is non-benefits eligible.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting