Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
We are seeking a Professional Research Assistant (PRA) to join our growing laboratory. Our research is primarily focused on molecular mechanisms underlying abnormal human placental vascular function in severe fetal growth restriction. The lab is seeking to recruit an individual with familiarity in basic laboratory techniques, with cell culture experience as an absolute pre-requisite. Duties will also include design and performance of experiments, such as isolation of primary human placental endothelial cells, RNA isolation, protein isolation, qRT-PCR, and western blotting. Additionally, this individual will also be responsible for ordering of supplies, reagents, routine maintenance of laboratory equipment, and will assist the principal investigator in management of laboratory finances and compliance with health and safety regulations. Please note that this position requires flexible work hours as required for completion of study aims.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts
- Minimum 1 additional year of prior research experience after completion of bachelor's degree and/or master's degree in relevant scientific field
- Relevant technical laboratory skills, including familiarity and comfort with cell culture
- Willingness to learn new skills/knowledge in order to achieve independence in designing and performing experiments
- Careful and methodical work practices with excellent record-keeping
- Ability to work well with others
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 10959
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21588 - SOM-OB/GYN BRS
Posting Date: Sep 1, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Chanel Mansfield
Posting Contact Email: Chanel.Mansfield@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00738484