Director of Financial Systems Support
Director of Financial Systems Support
SYS Business Services (BSC) - 922000
Is this an internal posting only?
M-F, 8-5 w/ some occasional overtime as needed, flex schedule as applicable
The University of North Texas System Business Support Services department was first established as part of the UNT System's shared services initiatives September 1, 2011 to provide valuable, shared business services in support of the member institutions, which include the University of North Texas in Denton, the UNT Health Science Center in Fort Worth, the University of North Texas at Dallas, and the System Administration in downtown Dallas.
UNTS Business Support Services, located in Denton, Texas, provides a diverse range of services to all of our institutions, such as a centralized call center for accounts payable, payroll, purchasing, time and labor, and travel; contract management, policy management; process improvement; procurement services and strategic sourcing; UNT System administrative budget services, financial systems support, centralized administrative support services and the HUB (historically underutilized businesses) program. The core values that guide the staff are integrity, innovation, inclusiveness, individual growth, initiative, and having an inspiring and engaging environment. UNTS Business Support Services is currently seeking a highly competent and motivated Director to join their Financial Systems Support team. This position is located at the UNTS Business Service Center in Denton.
The UNT System Business Support Services Department is seeking to hire a Director of Financial Systems Support to join our team. The Director performs highly complex (senior-level) supervisory program work. Work involves establishing goals and objectives: developing guidelines, procedures, policies, rules, and regulations; developing schedules, priorities, and standards for achieving goals; evaluating activities; developing and evaluating budget requests; and coordinating activities. Plans, assigns, and supervises the work of others. Works under limited supervision, with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Serve as a strategic business planning partner with process owners, campus leaders and Information.
Technology Shared Services (ITSS) to formulate enhancement options to address specific functional issues or requirements.
* Collaborate with business analysts, developers, network engineers, system engineers, system users, and financial applications senior directors in the coordination of the software upgrade release cycle.
* Provide recommendations to business leaders and ITSS based on analysis of system applications and functionality.
* Manage the functional aspects of the EIS (PeopleSoft) financial related modules business requirements, use and on-going functionality.
* Provide effective leadership in financial system change implementation and cross-functional user support.
* Serve as the technical lead and subject matter expert on the functionality of the EIS financial-related modules.
* Manage the implementation of new finance related EIS functionality in conjunction with ITSS.
* Review test scripts and monitor user acceptance testing for changes, upgrades, and other functional changes.
* Develop and implement system data and support for the assessment of student.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
Bachelor's Degree in related field and seven years of closely related professional experience which provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
* Knowledge of effective managerial methods and techniques and how to establish and maintain en effective workforce
* Ability to plan, assign and supervise the work of subordinates
* Extensive knowledge of University policies and procedures related to functional area (or ability to rapidly assimilate)
* Extensive knowledge of Texas rules and regulations related to functional area (or ability to rapidly assimilate)
* Ability to plan and conceptualize and make sound business decisions
* Must exercise considerable independent and professional judgment in matters of significance
* Strong presentation skills
* Strong problem solving skills
* Strong critical thinking skills
* Strong planning and project management skills
* Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations verbally and in writing
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* PeopleSoft experience
* State of Texas experience
* Higher education experience
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with experience
Quicklink for Posting