INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS MANAGER
JOB NO.: 91640-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: SCH OF BUSINESS INTR STUDY
Categories: Academic Advising, Student Services/Support, Other
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 91640-AS
Working Title: International Programs Manager
Official Title: SR STUDENT SERV COORD(T25BN) or STUDENT SERVICES CORD(T25DN)
Hiring Department: A122016-SCHOOL OF BUSINESS/SCH OF BUSINESS INTR STUDY
Anticipated Begin Date: OCTOBER 04, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $45,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Master's or professional degree
Degree with international, education, or business focus preferred
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
- 4 years of experience in higher education or relevant organization with responsibilities in programming, advising, and/or administration
- International background as demonstrated through meaningful intercultural interactions or through living/working/studying in another cultural context
- Demonstrated experience working successfully in a high-traffic, high-demand environment and ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to travel internationally on business
- Ability to work alternate, flexible, and extended schedules to accommodate travel, time zone differences, and emergency response
- Experience administering education abroad programs and especially faculty-led programs
- Knowledge of theory and practice in areas such as student development, equity and diversity, experiential learning, and/or curriculum design
This incumbent in this position will oversee the development and management of a portfolio of study abroad and international education offerings including faculty-led, exchange, direct enroll, and third-party provider programs. The portfolio will include Evening and Executive MBA (EEMBA) and undergraduate (BBA) study abroad and global education programs; specific assignments will evolve with changing needs of the office. The International Programs Manager provides direct services to students who apply for, participate in, and return from study abroad programs.
Diversity and inclusion are primary values for the Wisconsin School of Business and are integral to achieving our strategic goals. We seek candidates with an awareness of and commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion across all spectrums. Our school is committed to continuously increasing the cultural competence of its staff and faculty members through school-wide forums and professional development opportunities.
Instructions to applicants:
Please complete the online application and attach a cover letter addressing your qualifications and experiences specifically relating to the responsibilities of this position and a comprehensive resume. All application materials will be reviewed by our search committee after the posted deadline. Applicants selected to participate further in the selection process will be notified directly. All applicants will be notified once a final selection has been made and the search has been completed.
NOTE: Salary for this position will be at or above the posted minimum rate based upon qualifications and experience.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Sep 1 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Sep 29 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time