Position Number 998883
Functional Title Program Coordinator
Position Type Staff
The mission of the Institute to Promote Athlete Health and Wellness (IPAHW) is to improve the health and wellness of all athletes through the translation of prevention research to effective programs, policies, and practices IPAHW is at the forefront of excellence in health promotion for athletes of all ages and levels of competition. IPAHW collaboratively works with a variety of organizations to provide educational resources and support through evidence-based programming, training, and research/evaluation.
The IPAHW, an institute located in The Department of Public Health Education, has recently been awarded several large contracts and grants and needs more support to coordinate and manage these projects. These projects include recruitment and retention of 200+ NCAA member institutions, program implementation, and program development. The Institute is currently seeking qualified candidates for the Program Coordinator position.
Primary function include:
- Manage implementation and recruitment for programs,
- Coordinate and assist with the development of new programming,
- Oversee staff and student employees,
- Provide administrative support for the Institute.
Master's Degree or higher in social and behavioral sciences, public health or in a related field; excellent written and oral communication skills; experience in project management; and demonstrated ability to work well with a variety of constituencies.
Certified Health Education Specialist preferred.
Tenure Status N/A
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants are required to upload a list of references of least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Recruitment Range Salary is competitive and will be commensurate with experience
Org #-Department Promote Athlete Health & Wellness - 13406
Job Open Date 09/01/2017
For Best Consideration Date 09/15/2017
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Time Limited? Yes
Time Limited Duration
8 months with possibility of renewal
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu