Requisition Number STA - 201000000528
Job Title Cashier
The University of North Texas System invites applications for the position of Cashier.
The Cashier performs routine journey-level) technical accounting support work. Receives and records cash and other payments. May process financial aid disbursements. Balances cash receipts against cash drawer on a daily basis. Works under moderate supervision, with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Receives and receipts a variety of payments and other cash and cash-related transactions; verifies and posts to appropriate accounts; issues receipts.
- Prepares cash receipts for bank deposit; prepares daily cash reports and balances the cash drawer; reconciles cash, check, and credit card receipts daily, and investigates and resolves any out-of-balance problems.
- Assists individuals in the accurate application of their transactions, and when necessary, researches records on electronic and other available files to provide information regarding financial status.
- Provides information to patrons regarding pertinent rules, policies, and procedures related to cash and cash-related transactions; directs patrons to proper offices, as appropriate, to seek resolution of problems beyond the information available to the cashier.
- Maintains confidentiality of university and student records.
- Answer telephones .
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Associate 's degree and one years of experience in accounting and/or auditing or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, abilities, and skills. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures affecting the maintenance of accounting records and automated accounting systems
- Skill in the use of a personal computer and related office equipment .
- Ability to review work for accuracy, accurately perform detailed numerical work, make arithmetical computations, and prepare financial and accounting records
- Ability to handle cash, maintain an accurate cash balance, and process credit transactions
- Ability to effectively communicate accounting information, policies, and/or procedures in a manner easily understood by the customer
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Good customer service skills
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
Monday-Friday w/ flex and overtime as needed
Substitution of Experience/Education Yes
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is your highest level of completed education?
- High School/GED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- PhD (or terminal degree for your discipline)
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- Cover Letter