Assistant Registrar for Articulation
Dominican University of California is seeking a candidate for an Assistant Registrar for Articulation position. This 40-hour per week position is made up of three distinct components. As Articulation Officer, this position facilitates and coordinates faculty review leading to courses being accepted for transfer between institutions and interfaces with Articulation counterparts in our partner schools. As Transfer Credit Evaluator, this position implements University transfer policies and procedures in the evaluation of incoming academic credit from other accredited institutions. As a member of the Registrar’s Office, this position supports the functional responsibilities of the Registrar. This position supervises the work of the Assistant Transfer Credit Evaluator and one or more student workers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prioritize articulation initiatives in consultation with the Vice President of Enrollment, the Deans, and Department Chairpersons.
- Identify courses for articulation between Dominican and other institutions on a one- or two-year cycle, based on the frequency of Dominican’s catalog updates and those from other institutions. Propose course equivalencies to faculty for review. Prepare and edit transfer articulation agreements. Enter articulation detail into PowerCampus and CollegeSource’s TES system. Direct the data entry of student transfer credit into PowerCampus, utilizing experienced work study students.
- Consult and coordinate with articulation specialists at other institutions. Represent Dominican as member of California Intersegmental Articulation Council (CIAC). Attend meetings and participate in listserv for the NCIAC Northern California Intersegmental Articulation Council.
- Serve as a resource to, and as an ex officio member of, the GE Board.
- Verify the accreditation status of the institutions from which students transfer.
Assess the comparability of the nature, content and level of credit earned at another institution in comparison with Dominican. Determine the appropriateness and applicability of General Education (GE) credit to the academic programs offered by Dominican. Document results including unit total and GPA calculation for the transfer student, Admissions Office, Financial Aid, Athletics, and the Registrar. Consult with relevant faculty on the equivalency of transfer credit that is applicable to majors and minors.
- Determine the equivalency of English, Math, Colloquium, and international language requirements for transfer students. Manage entry of this information into SLATE PowerCampus.
- Consult and coordinate with the GE Director to implement General Education program criteria as it applies to transfer students. Distribute finalized transfer articulation agreements for posting on the internet. Consult with transfer counselors for Day and ADC programs. Assist Degree Auditor with logistical issues regarding GE and transfer rules.
- Manage entry of all initial transfer credit data and all post-matriculation credit from transfer coursework, internal course challenges, Advanced Placement, CLEP, Excelsior College, NYU Professional Studies Foreign Language Proficiency, and International Baccalaureate (IB) Exams. Notify students and advisors of approved additions.
- Audit all incoming students’ hard-copy documents transmitted from Admissions, manage the creation of new students’ hard-copy files, place “missing transcript” holds.
- Determine whether or not to approve requests from Dominican students to take courses off-campus; track completion and oversee posting of all off-campus coursework to student records, including international Study Abroad credit (DSA) and cross-registered GTU credits. Create Dominican courses for GTU cross-registrants in PowerCampus.
- Research and clarify questions related to transfer equivalency for students, faculty and staff. Provide consultation and support for advisors. Work with students to pre-approve transferability of study abroad credit and other outside credit.
- Maintain currency in professional practices and materials for evaluation. Manage the university inventory of external college catalog resources for faculty and staff. Manage the filing of, and access to, institutional copies of transfer course evaluations.
- Supervise, oversee, and provide necessary training/updates for the Assistant Transfer Credit Evaluator and the student worker responsible for transfer credit data entry.
- Report GPA’s for Cal Grant and Cal Grant T annually via file transmission.
- Support the Registrar function by: filing, attending meetings and trainings,
participating in the front counter rotation during peak periods, assisting at the
front counter as needed. Share rotating responsibility for convening the weekly
staff meeting, answering the Registrar hotline, and hosting the Registrar@dominican
- Participate in annual workshops, trainings, or conferences.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years of experience in transfer evaluation, articulation, and Registrar work.
- In depth knowledge of transfer/articulation practices, degree requirements, and university academic policy
- Ability to work well with a variety of constituents – internal and external to DU
- Ability to research, synthesize, apply, and communicate complex policy and procedural information, to applicants, students, faculty, and administrators
- Successful supervisory experience, including training and oversight of subordinates
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Gmail, Google docs, Internet software, and database software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to understand, interpret, and convey information about policies and procedures clearly and accurately
- Attention to detail; ability to focus on detailed research and data entry, consistent application of relevant policies to real life scenarios, scrupulous logging and redistribution of official materials, and providing excellent customer relations within a busy work environment with competing deadlines and time urgency
- Proficient in Ellucian PowerCampus student information system and a customer relationship management system such as SLATE
- 3-5 years of increasingly responsible work experience in a college or university Registrar’s Office or Transfer Center
- Working knowledge of College Source’s TES database
- Membership in PACRAO, AACRAO, or a state ACRAO organization and current or past membership in a transfer articulation organization, such as NCIAC
- Strong commitment to service, organization, cooperation and teamwork
Additional Position Information
- Priority will be given to applications submitted by September 20, 2017; however additional applications may be considered until the position is filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:10 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 16, with a small-town feeling in a park- like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
- Link to apply: https://dominican.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/careers
- A cover letter is required
- Compile resume/CV and cover letter in one pdf document and upload in the Resume/CV section
- For further questions on the application process, please contact email@example.com
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment. We are committed in thought, word, and deed to recruiting and retaining a workforce that values the diversity of its student body. The University actively promotes an institutional culture that practices equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of all under-represented groups in higher education.