Strength and Conditioning Coach
Dominican University of California is seeking a candidate for a Strength and Conditioning Coach position. The Head Strength and Conditioning Coach provides direction and administrative oversight for developing and implementing strength programs to provide a safe and competitive environment for student athletes. Responsibilities include all activities associated with the management of a successful NCAA Division II program within the University.
- Responsible for all aspects of the program, ensuring the program reflects positively on the University.
- Facilitate a positive environment for student athletes and coaches.
- Develop, implement and supervise strength programs.
- Train and develop student athletes in a safe environment
- Monitor assist strength and conditioning staff's programing
- Develop and communicate efficiently with coaches and student athletes in regards to strength and conditioning programs.
- Abide by all NCAA DII, PacWest Conference and Dominican University rules, policies and procedures with an understanding that failure to do so may lead to sanctions up to and including termination.
- Promptly report any suspected violation (including possible violations committed personally or by any other member of the athletics department staff, compliance related offices and staff, student athletes, or boosters) of NCAA DII, PacWest and/or Dominican University of California Athletics rules to the Associate AD for Compliance/SWA, Faculty Athletics Representative (FAR) or Director of Athletics.
- Work closely with the Head Athletic Trainer and athletic training staff to ensure the safety of all student-athletes.
- Represent the program and Dominican University with sportsmanship, integrity, and professionalism.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum 2 years of strength and condition experience at the intercollegiate level.
- National Strength and Conditioning Association, (NSCA). Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (SCCC) preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
- CPR, AED and First Aid certification required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of NCAA Division II rules and regulations
- Valid driver's license.
Additional Position Information
- Priority will be given to applications submitted by September 15, 2017; however additional applications may be considered until the position is filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:10 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 16, with a small-town feeling in a park- like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
- Link to apply: https://dominican.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/careers
- A cover letter is required
- Compile resume/CV and cover letter in one pdf document and upload in the Resume/CV section
- For further questions on the application process, please contact email@example.com
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment. We are committed in thought, word, and deed to recruiting and retaining a workforce that values the diversity of its student body. The University actively promotes an institutional culture that practices equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of all under-represented groups in higher education.