Director of Stewardship
ASO DIR, Public/Gov RelationsJob Description:
The Director of Stewardship will be a visible leader for all stewardship and donor relations programs. Reporting to the Executive Director of Donor Relations, the successful candidate will be responsible for designing, implementing and coordinating an institution-wide comprehensive donor relations and stewardship system that appropriately and consistently promotes interactions with and recognition of donors at all levels. In addition, the Director of Stewardship will be responsible for collaborating with senior leaders and key stakeholders to ensure effectiveness and streamlined functions. He/She will also provide strategic direction for projects designed to enhance the donor giving experience.
Monitoring Fund Utilization, Compliance and Donor Intent:
Enhance the UF donor giving experience
- Seek to enhance current processes and implement new technology for added efficiency, improved donor experience, and benefit to unit partners; collaborate with Business Process Management department as needed.
- Represent our donors’ best interests by providing strategic input for process improvements through cross-team collaboration and workgroup participation as requested by the Executive Director.
- Design and implement regular donor survey techniques as well as programmatic implementations based on survey responses.
- Plan and coordinate complex administrative assignments and special projects within and/or across operating units at the direction of the Executive Director.
- Serve as a content expert in Stewardship related matters for our internal partners through leadership and representation in the quarterly Stewardship and Donor Relations Representatives meeting.
- Contribute to regular brainstorming on innovative, unique and personalized donor relations/stewardship communications and experiences.
- Research and communicate emerging trends and best practices in all areas of donor relations and seek opportunities to share knowledge with both central and non-central Advancement staff members.
- Providing ongoing education for internal partners on "best practices" in donor relations and engagement.
- Manage Assistant Director, Stewardship and Data staff position in alignment with the Vision of TB2 and R.A.I.S.E. Values.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with education and experience.Minimum Requirements:
Master's degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and six years of relevant experience.Preferred Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Five years of experience in a comprehensive stewardship/donor relations program or development, alumni or university relations program with proven leadership success.
- Experience in a related field such as journalism, public relations or other related communication field in a university setting preferred.
- Prior management/supervisory experience, with the ability to lead and motivate staff preferred.
- Prior experience in a college or university setting, enthusiasm for fundraising in a comprehensive research university, and the desire to work collegially within a goal-oriented fundraising organization.
- The ability to work strategically, develop and implement stewardship programs and activities.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and work effectively under time constraints.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to respond to internal and external constituents’ with tact, diplomacy and discretion.
- Ability to work collaboratively and a team player.
- Competency in problem solving.
- Excellent oral/ written communications, public speaking are essential for success in this position.
- Working knowledge in these areas: MS Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Outlook
- Working knowledge of a donor database, contact management and tracking system.
- The ability and willingness to travel. *A valid Florida driver license and good driving record are essential.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must upload a résumé, cover letter, and list of three references.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (EDT) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required: No