Executive Assistant to the Vice President of Finance and Administration
Dominican University of California is seeking a candidate for an Executive Assistant position. This position reports directly to the Vice President for Finance and Administration (VPFA). The Executive Assistant performs a wide-range of independent duties to support the office, including office management, tracking information and reporting, drafting and preparation of correspondence, handling phone and inquiries to the office, and other duties as assigned.
Finance and Administrative Services Support
- Maintain the highest level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Represent the office to the Board of Trustees, the campus community and the general public.
- Manage VPFA calendar and resolve calendar conflicts.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, prepare agendas, place catering orders, and reserve and prepare meeting rooms for departmental and Board committee meetings.
- Schedule conference calls, register for webcasts and conferences and communicate meeting details to attendees.
- Record and transcribe minutes of the Audit, Facilities, Finance and Investment Committee meetings. Prepare and disseminate various reports and information in preparation for these meetings.
- Reconcile Purchasing Card statement and no-receipt form and/or submit necessary receipts for VPFA.
- Organize and maintain file system, including financial documents, audited financial statements, tax returns, and routine documents.
- Review, process and/or re-route all incoming VPFA mail.
- Prepare and send effective correspondence.
- Arrange and coordinate travel schedules and various reservations.
- Complete routine administrative support duties.
- Responsible for compiling data and completing liability insurance applications annually for policy renewal period.
- Receives and processes requests for proof of insurance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
President’s Office Support
- Work from the President’s Office one day per week, to answer phones and greet visitors as needed.
- Provide support for four quarterly Board of Trustees meetings, as well as occasional dinners and Board events. Assist with catering, logistics, and setup.
- Provide administrative support to the President’s Office, primarily leading up to the quarterly Board meetings. Help to assemble necessary materials, research information and data needs, and draft presentations.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least seven to ten years experience providing administrative support at the Executive level
- Strong computer skills including: MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Project Management skills and abilities
- Ability to work autonomously and make management level decisions on behalf of VPFA, as necessary
- Exhibits utmost professionalism
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to take direction as needed
- Team player supportive of institutional, organizational and individual goals
- Ability to produce work that is consistently thorough and accurate
- Intermediate to Advanced Skills in MS PowerPoint
- Basic Accounting/Bookkeeping skills
Additional Position Information
- Position open until filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:10 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 16, with a small-town feeling in a park- like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
- Link to apply: https://dominican.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/careers
- A cover letter is required
- Compile resume/CV and cover letter in one pdf document and upload in the Resume/CV section
- For further questions on the application process, please contact email@example.com
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment. We are committed in thought, word, and deed to recruiting and retaining a workforce that values the diversity of its student body. The University actively promotes an institutional culture that practices equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of all under-represented groups in higher education.