Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs and Registrar
Reporting to the Associate Dean for Student Affairs, the Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs and Registrar’s primary role is to assure the integrity of all academic records within the Washington University School of Medicine (WUSM). Responsibility includes the maintenance, retrieval, and validation of student academic records and student record data pertaining to each matriculated student’s progress for all WUSM Programs. The integrity and confidentiality of student academic records, and the ease with which they can be managed and utilized, are critical to the needs of students, faculty, administrative staff, School of Medicine leaders, University leaders, and the community; the services offered by the registrar’s office are essential to the school’s core teaching and educational mission.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs and Registrar is in regular and extensive contact with all academic units, University leadership (i.e., WUSM General Counsel) and other offices on matters of policy and procedure. This includes the Office of Education, Medical Student Affairs Office, Financial Services Office, Admissions Offices, Office of Medical Student Education, Information Systems Office, and Institutional Research Office. Day-to-day responsibilities also include the management of the staff housed within the Office of Student Support Services. Staff responsibilities include customer service, data analysis, research, matriculation, verification of enrollment documentation, processing of required criminal background checks and drug screenings for applicable WUSM programs, posting, billing and collection of tuition, all student account charges, refund of credit balances to students, VA/Yellow Ribbon and NBME certification, management of course registrations, grade collection, permanent academic and disciplinary records processing, and maintaining archival records for all WUSM Programs.
This position oversees the following functions:
- Documents and Records
- Enrollment and Tuition
- Clinical Scheduling for Medical Students
- Data Reporting
- Administration of Data Systems
- Student Progress
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s highly preferred.
- Experienced higher education leader and manager with relevant university experience in progressively responsible positions in either a registrar’s office or student academic support services area required.
- Experience in IT systems design, development and/or implementation.
Desired traits, skills and experience:
- Higher education administration experience in medical, graduate, or professional education strongly preferred.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills are essential in helping establish policies and procedures impacting academic data residing in multiple systems across multiple platforms.
- Strong project/IT management experience desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, faculty, administrators, legal counsel, and IT technical staff.
- Proficient working knowledge of FERPA.
- Expertise in reporting database management and data manipulation (SQL, Access, advanced uses of Excel, etc.)
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Relocation assistance will be provided along with a generous benefits package.
Washington University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply for Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs and Registrar
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly