Food Service Associate
Food Service Associate
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09146
Location: Sylvania Campus
Address: 12000 SW 49th Avenue, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: Varies
Position Status: Classified; Level 10; Part-time (.74 FTE); Non-exempt
Starting Salary Range: $11.65 to $11.89 per hour
Job Close Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
This is a part-time position (.74 FTE; approximately 1539 hours per year)
This position is scheduled off between breaks and summer.
Work schedule is Monday to Thursday, and 10-Saturdays during each term, excluding holiday weekends.
Under the direct supervision of food service management, performs basic food service functions, including preparation/serving of food items, stocking of supplies, cashiering and catering special events. Work situations are routine and regularly recurring, requiring an ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations and understand commonly used procedures and work methods. Communication skills are employed to interact with supervisor, co-workers, student trainees and public. Responsible for maintaining County/State/Federal health codes, customer satisfaction and accurate work results that are noticeable by the customer (i.e., food quality, wholesomeness, presentation, merchandising, portion control and maintenance of departmental food standards).
Benefits are pro-rated for part-time positions.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options.
Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
Starts at 6.67 hours of Vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
8 hours of Sick Leave per month
24 hours of additional Personal Leave days per year
11 Paid Holidays
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age. Tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
For a complete list of PCC benefits please copy and paste the following link into another browser http://www.pcc.edu/hr/benefits/
- Sets up and closes out cash registers and performs cashiering as needed.
- Keeps work and service area in a safe, sanitary and orderly manner. Understands and complies with County/State/Federal health codes to ensure the health and safety of the customer.
- Caters special events (sets up, waits table, prepares facilities, maintains food presentation, etc.).
- Inventories and restocks work stations for needed supplies.
- Works or assists at fry station and grill.
- Assembles salads, sandwiches and pizza. Prepares soups, coffee and espresso drinks.
- Serves on the hot line or deli station.
- Trains student help (including special needs and international students) to interact with the public, understand and comply with all applicable health codes and regulations, safe equipment operation procedures, cash handling, portion control, food quality standards, etc. Prepares training and progress reports upon request.
- Stays alert to ensure customers are being charged for items taken.
- Cleans preparation and service equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum of six months of food service and cashiering experience required.
Must have ability to obtain a food handler's card.
Knowledge of County/State/Federal health and safety codes pertaining to commercial food service operations.
Job requires frequent standing and walking. Lifting and carrying materials weighing up to 40 pounds occurs with varied frequency.
Work is performed in a commercial food service operation environment. May require extended hours with little notice. Work pressure and disturbance of workflow can occur daily (i.e., no notification given for large groups of people, student help and employees calling in absent while maintaining all service points/departments, departments requesting catering service with no notification, etc.). May include occasional exposure to noise and temperature fluctuations.
Experience in a high-volume cafeteria setting preferred.
Additional Posting Information:
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position you must submit:
1. Completed online application
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Classified Employees (PCCFCE). Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction. Probationary period will be in accordance with Article 13 of the Classified Agreement. Current Classified employees are encouraged to review Article 15 for salary placement guidelines.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: jobs.pcc.edu
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.