Major Gift Officer
San Marcos, TX
Texas State University
Major Gift Officer
Job Number: 2017486
Location: San Marcos
Department: VP for University Advancement
Recruitment Type: Open to All
Job Type: Full-Time
Monthly Salary: commensurate with experience
Job Category: Exempt
• Demonstrated success in fundraising with an emphasis on corporate relations.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to work with groups and organizations, both internal and external to the University.
• Must have experience building relationships with prospective corporate donors, and interacting in-person with corporate executives and decision makers.
• Outstanding organizational and project management skills in planning and coordinating events, trips, and visits.
• Strong oral and written communication skills are of the highest priority. Ideally, the Assistant Director should have a background in the development and implementation of proposals associated with corporate support for non-profit organizations or institutions of higher education.
• Ability to understand complex technical and research topics sufficiently to facilitate the exchange of ideas between university researchers and corporate representatives.
• Work evenings and weekends as needed.
• Preference will be given to candidates with experience in client relations, economic development, business development, public relations, sales/marketing, entrepreneurship, or who have worked with companies in science, engineering, or technology-related industries.
• Prior experience working in a research-rich environment or demonstrated knowledge of research functions, activities, specialized laboratory equipment, and the ability to interpret research data.
• Knowledge of university research initiatives and industry applications.
• Fundraising experience.
The Assistant Director provides project support for corporate gifts, managing existing corporate relationships, identifying new corporate prospects, soliciting funds from corporations, and working directly with the Director of Strategic Corporate Partnerships on corporate fundraising initiatives across campus. In addition, the Assistant Director assumes other duties as assigned including event planning, proposal writing, data entry, marketing, public speaking, and programming to engage and build university relationships with corporate partners.
• Manage a prospect portfolio and identify new corporate prospects to be added to the portfolio.
• Responsible for identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of corporate prospects and donors through mail, email, phone, and face-to-face meetings.
• Maintain high quality stewardship process for active corporate prospects and donors. Ensure that stewardship and reporting requirements are met to sustain successful corporate partnerships by maintaining detailed records of solicitation activities.
• Collaborate with other major gift officers, deans, department chairs, faculty, Office of Sponsored Programs, and other groups across campus in research rich environments to help raise funds to support research activities.
• Initiate opportunities for faculty, administrators, and deans to interact with corporate prospects and donors, and assist with aligning funding interests and priorities.
• Plan and coordinate events including on-campus events and corporate partner visits, trade shows, marketing trips, and delegation visits.
• Travel to key markets, and organize university leadership visits to corporate partner campuses and headquarters.
• Collaborate with local and regional economic development stakeholders on hosting corporate prospects, and also traveling on stakeholder delegation trips.
• Advise the Director of Strategic Corporate Partnerships on industry news, trends, and corporate partner updates.
• Draft communications for corporate partner invitations, meetings, and visits.
• Develop marketing and promotional programs and materials for corporate audiences.
• Prepare and provide presentations to university leadership, faculty, alumni, corporate, and donor groups.
• Collaborate with other major gift officers on targeting highly-placed alumni for corporate gifts.
Additional Information to Applicants:
Job Open Date: 08/31/2017
Job Close Date: 9/15/2017
Open Until Filled: No
Normal Work Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Normal Work Hours Start: 8:00AM
Normal Work Hours End: 5:00PM
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION.
Legal and Required Notices:
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
For a detailed description of this position and to apply, visit jobs.hr.txstate.edu or call (512) 245-2557 or visit our office at 601 University Dr., J.C. Kellam Bldg., Suite 340.
About Texas State and San Marcos:
Texas State University is a emerging research institution located in the burgeoning Austin-San Antonio corridor and in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. It is the largest of eight campuses in the Texas State University System and one of the 75 largest universities in the country, with over 38,000 students and approximately 4,000 faculty and staff
Texas State is located in San Marcos, a growing community of over 50,000 people located about half way between Austin and San Antonio. Texas State enjoys a setting that is unique among Texas universities. The beauty of the crystal-clear San Marcos River and the stately cypress and pecan trees on the campus add to the charm of the university's picturesque setting. Our location on the banks of the San Marcos River provides outdoor recreational activities throughout the year.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon a criminal history background check.
Texas State University is a tobacco free campus.
Texas State University is an EOE and a member of the Texas State University System.
Apply Online at Texas State University
Texas State University main webpage
Summary of Benefits
Texas State University Human Resources
San Marcos, Texas Chamber of Commerce