Employer Engagement Specialist
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill an Employer Engagement Specialist position. The Employer Engagement Specialist assumes a key role within the day-to-day operations of employer engagement activities within the Career Connections department by developing and maintaining effective employer relationships with local, regional and national employers. This position is responsible for increasing the visibility of the College's students, and Career Connections activities and services with employers and professional organizations that create opportunities for full-time and experiential learning opportunities for all credit and non-credit students. The Employer Engagement Specialist supports all Career Connections services by forming and fostering strong collaborative relationships with employers, alumni and staff, to further expand career and experiential learning connections for students.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Bachelor's degree required; all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• A minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience in a university/college career services environment or job placement function is required.
• Demonstrated proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and experience with CRM systems required.
• Excellent customer service, oral, written and interpersonal communication, and presentation skills required.
• An understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of employers, college community staff and students required.
• Must be a self-starter who is resourceful, has a strong work ethic, is goal oriented, organized, follows through, and is committed to quality and success.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining a professional customer service oriented demeanor required.
• Must be available to work evenings and/or weekends on occasion.
• Must be able to occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
• Must have a valid driver's license, access to a properly insured vehicle, and the ability to drive to sites within the region.
• Knowledgeable of local, regional, state, and national employers, the area labor market, employment trends preferred.
• Strong project and time management skills, including the ability to plan and implement successful events preferred.