Cafeteria Assistant (Up to 3 Positions, Part-time)
invites applications for the position of:
Cafeteria Assistant (Up to 3 Positions, Part-time)
SALARY: $12.02 /Hour
OPENING DATE: 08/29/17
CLOSING DATE: 09/19/17 04:30 PM
DESCRIPTION OF BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To assist in the preparation and packaging of food items in a cafeteria, snack bar, or for food vending machines; to serve food and perform cashiering duties in a cafeteria or snack bar; and to maintain food service equipment and facilities in a safe, clean, and sanitary condition. Employees in this classification receive direct to general supervision within a framework of well-defined policies and procedures. This job class performs a wide variety of routine to responsible duties related to day-to-day food service/cafeteria operations as assigned.
SUPERVISOR: Director of Food Services or designee
CLASSIFICATION: Range 14 on the Classified Salary Schedule, 9.5 months per year, 20 hours per week. Up to an additional 8 hours of extra time hours per week may be available as needed. Variable work schedule based upon student needs.
BENEFITS: Holiday, vacation and sick time will be provided. Medical, dental and vision insurance are not provided. For more information regarding Employment and Vacation Policies, please view the Classified Employee Collective Bargaining Agreement.
TYPICAL DUTIES, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY:
• Assists in preparing foods such as sandwiches, salads, salad dressings, hamburgers, and other hot/cold foods
• Assists in preparing baked goods
• Washes and prepares fruits and vegetables
• Slices, assembles, mixes, stirs, blends, counts, weighs or measures a variety of ingredients used in food preparation activities
• Wraps and/or packages food items into specified food portions for sale
• Cooks and warms food for serving on site
• Sets up serving counters/lines/food wells with appropriate food items and supplies
• Dishes and serves food items to students and adults
• Replenishes food items as needed during service
• Inventories food on hand before/after meals/service
• Restocks food items and supplies as needed; reports needs to supervisor
• Receives and dispenses storeroom supplies
• Directs and supervises student helpers during serving periods
• Replenishes food items in vending machines as needed
• Assists in collecting and counting vending machine money and refills moneychanger
• Makes minor repairs to vending machines
• Performs cashiering duties; receives money and makes change
• Cleans serving counters and storage/work areas to include walk-in iceboxes and freezers
• Dismantles, cleans, and reassembles food service vending equipment/machines
• Washes trays, plates, utensils, pots/pans, and serving equipment
• Packages and properly stores leftover food and supplies
• Performs heavy lifting as needed
• Assists in the setup, preparation, serving, and clean up foods for special functions as assigned
• Performs other related duties similar to the above in scope and function as required
• The proper use and care of kitchen, cafeteria, and snack bar food serving utensils and equipment
• Basic methods of quality food preparation
• Proper food storage methods and procedures
• Basic cleaning and sanitation methods and procedures related to food service operations
• Learn and effectively apply proper sanitation and safety requirements associated with food preparation and serving operations
• Understand and follow both oral and written instructions
• Perform a variety of food preparation and cleaning tasks
• Learn to operate assigned food service appliances and equipment in a safe and effective manner
• Assist in the preparation, serving, and packaging of food items
• Prepare entrees, salads, and dessert items as assigned
• Accurately perform routine mathematical calculations using basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
• Accurately make change
• Meet the physical requirements necessary to safely and effectively perform assigned duties such as lifting heavy cases or standing for prolonged periods of time
• Establish and maintain effective work relationships with those contacted in the performance of required duties
Equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade and one year paid experience in a college cafeteria or snack bar work
Online ApplicationwithAdditional Preferred Materialsto be attached to application:
• Cover letter addressing criteria listed in the position announcement
• Current resume
• College transcripts (unofficial will be accepted at the time of application)
Attention Internal Applicants:
• Internal candidates must alsoapply online and submit all required materials to be considered.
•Internal candidates cannot attach evaluations OR letters of recommendation from administrators or Board of Trustee members.
After formal application has been made, all application materials will be screened.
• Interviews will be by invitation only.
• Interviews are held on campus. No Skype or phone interviews.
• The District does not provide expense/travel reimbursement for this position.
New Classified Appointments will be placed at Step 2 on the Classified Salary Schedule and will graduate to the next step on July 1st if the hire date is before April 1, with subsequent steps annually thereafter to a maximum sixth step.
Longevity pay in accordance with Section 8.8 of theClassifiedEmployee Collective Bargaining Agreement.
For full application instructions and position description, visit http://www.shastacollege.edu/Human%20Resources/Current%20Openings/Pages/ApplicantResources.aspx
TheShasta-Tehama-TrinityJoint Community College District ("Shasta College") does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, disability (physical and mental), pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity, sexual orientation, genetics, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in admission and access to, or treatment in employment, educational programs or activities at any of its campuses. Shasta College also prohibits harassment on any of these bases, including sexual harassment, as well as sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking.