Assistant Professor of Political Science
College of Liberal Arts
Department of Political Science
Tenure-Track Position Opening
RECRUITMENT NUMBER: 2463
POSITION: Assistant Professor of Political Science (Political Theory)
EFFECTIVE DATE: August 20, 2018 (Fall Semester)
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
TO APPLY VISIT: http://web.csulb.edu/divisions/aa/personnel/jobs/posting/2463/index.html
• Ph.D. in Political Science or appropriate related discipline with
specialization in Political Theory.
• Degree at time of application or official notification of completion of the doctoral degree by August 1, 2018.
• Record of, or demonstrated potential for, effective teaching.
• Record of, or demonstrated potential for, successful research and publication.
• Experience with, or demonstrated potential for, effective participation in faculty governance.
• Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population.
• Evidence of broad training in the canon of Western political theory.
• Evidence of ability for excellence in teaching and research grounded in political theory and focusing on topics central to the discipline at large: e.g., ancient, modern, and contemporary theories; democratic theory; critical race theory; immigration; the carceral state; postcolonial theory; identity; hybridity; intersectionality; queer theory; deconstruction's focus on alterity; globalization, and neoliberalism.
• Evidence of ability to effectively teach current University course offerings in political theory at the undergraduate and graduate levels (e.g., Classical Political Theory, Modern Political Theory, Recent Political Theory, Senior Seminar in Political Theory, and Graduate Seminar in Political Theory).
• Evidence of ability to develop new course offerings in political theory that engage issues of diversity, particularly as related to race and ethnicity.
• Evidence of support for and/or experience related to the University's strong commitment to the academic success of its diverse student body.
• Evidence of ability to engage in research leading to conference participation and publication.
• Evidence of interest in and/or experience with department, college, university and community service.
Review of applications to begin October 1, 2017
Position opened until filled (or recruitment canceled)
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, age, Vietnam era veteran status, or any other veteran's status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer