Human Resources Manager
POSITION PURPOSE: The HR Manager functions as an internal business partner between the employer and the employees. They perform various human resources duties in areas such as employee relations, onboarding, administration of leaves-of-absence, and other special projects, collaborating with HR Director and department management to facilitate the delivery of HR services.
DUTIES, TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the HR Director in the development(OD), rollout, facilitation and training of employee and manager skills training.
- Perform Employee Relations counseling and investigations when needed. Review complaints, facts, and provides resolution. Ensures accurate and timely documentation of concerns and issues.
- Partner with the HR Director and department managers to evaluate employee engagement and roll out a plan to improve employee activity/involvement.
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all personnel including college relations program
- Evaluated job descriptions to ensure accuracy
- Creates behavioral job screen and interview questions
- Monitors career-pathing, exit interviews
- Posts positions online
- Sources appropriate candidates
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Partners with department managers to ensure maintenance of accurate records. Conducts quarterly audit on files and status.
- Assists employee on issues pertaining to benefit programs including Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life Insurances, 401k, COBRA, and FMLA.
- Administer HRIS system; including creating reports ensuring decisions are based on accurate data (Headcount reporting, labor analysis, etc.)
- Assist with Open Enrollment activities including benefit renewals, communications, processing changes, and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Assist in the coordination of Workers Compensation benefits as needed.
- Conducts new-employee orientations when necessary.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelors Degree with specialization in Human Resources or Business Administration.
- 5-8 years of experience in progressive Human Resources emphasizing the following areas:
- (Employee Relations, Organizational Development, Change Management, Recruitment, HRIS use and reporting-SAP & ADP)
- Excellent presentation, communication, attention to detail, and interpersonal skills.
- Effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations.
- Intermediate to advanced use of Excel & PowerPoint and other Microsoft products
- Ability to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with employees in course of work.
Led by flagship brands PEAK, BlueDEF and Final Charge, Old World Industries boasts a 40-year history of American ingenuity. Forty years of developing automotive and heavy duty products for the most extreme climates & working conditions that equal billions of miles on the road in big rigs and billions of hours of heavy equipment in the mines and on the farm.
Our founders, Tom Hurvis and Riaz Waraich, started the Old World Trading Company in November of 1973, trading chemicals during the petrochemical shortage. Their ambition, entrepreneurial spirit and American ingenuity fueled the creation and expansion of Old World Industries and the development of the PEAK, BlueDEF and PEAK Commercial & Industrial product families. In 2014, Founding Partner, Riaz Waraich passed away but left an ever lasting impact on Old World Industries. Riaz determination and ambition were instrumental in the growth of Old World Industries from a small operation to the Global Leader that exists today.
Constant research, development, and challenging traditional thinking has continued to fuel an expansive product lineup for 40 years.
Today, Old World Industries proudly provides automotive and heavy duty products to more than 60 countries around the globe.
Old World Industries has built a strong global relationship with its suppliers, customers and consumers based on decades of trust. With distribution in more than 60 countries and ties to all major retail outlets, business partners trust Old World Industries to deliver. And they do with a 99.3 percent on-time delivery rate.
Thu, 31 Aug 2017 14:03:59 PDT