Assistant Professor of Health Disparities / Health Psychology
College of Liberal Arts
Department of Psychology
Tenure-Track Position Opening
RECRUITMENT NUMBER: 2466
POSITION: Assistant Professor of Health Disparities / Health Psychology
EFFECTIVE DATE: August 20, 2018 (Fall Semester)
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
TO APPLY VISIT: http://web.csulb.edu/divisions/aa/personnel/jobs/posting/2466/index.html
• Ph.D. in Health Psychology or closely related field in Health Disparities.
• Degree at time of application or official notification of completion of the doctoral degree by August 1, 2018.
• Ability to teach a variety of undergraduate and graduate courses related to Health Disparities / Health Psychology.
• Demonstrated potential for effective teaching and mentoring at the college level.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain an active program of research in the area of Health Disparities / Health Psychology.
• Demonstrated potential for research, scholarly and creative activities as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications and professional presentations.
• Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population.
• Research emphasis in chronic disease (e.g., heart disease, diabetes, obesity, cancer, etc.) prevention, intervention, and/or basic science with the aim of improving the health status of racial and ethnic minority, low-income, and other underserved populations.
• Research expertise in utilizing interdisciplinary approaches to improve health outcomes from a biopsychosocial perspective (i.e., examining how biological, psychological, behavioral, and sociocultural factors contribute to physical health and illness).
• Ability to establish and maintain research ties to underserved communities.
• Experience in or potential for generating external grant funding.
• Excellence in teaching, mentoring, student-centered research, and diversity issues in higher education and research.
• Ability to involve undergraduate and graduate students in faculty-directed research and/or mentor undergraduate and graduate students in independent research.
• Experience in or demonstrated potential for service to the department, university, community, and profession.
Review of applications to begin October 9, 2017
Position opened until filled (or recruitment canceled)
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, age, Vietnam era veteran status, or any other veteran's status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer