Language Arts Curriculum Designer
Are you ready to shape the future of educational technology? IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 6 million students worldwide, is seeking talented language arts experts and educators to join our team. As a language arts curriculum designer at IXL, you will design engaging and interactive language arts questions for grades K-12. Throughout the development cycle, you'll collaborate with software engineers, visual designers, and our team of writers and editors as you bring your designs to life. Your educational insight, creative solutions, strong writing skills, and commitment to quality will drive the success of our language arts product. Come join our mission to create the best educational technology possible!
This is a full-time position in our San Mateo office. There is also a position in our Raleigh, NC office.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Use your highly trained brain to be a subject-matter expert for our language arts curriculum
- Design fun, engaging, and interactive language arts questions that are targeted to specific learning objectives
- Write and edit user-facing content and collaborate with our team of writers and editors to ensure content is of the highest quality
- Develop and manage project plans
- Review product prototypes and make design recommendations
- Advise software engineers, visual designers, product designers, and company leaders on appropriate content and assessment strategies
- Work with the engineering team to determine how to algorithmically generate language arts questions
- Brainstorm ideas for improving IXL’s existing language arts content
- Research and analyze content requirements, including domestic and international educational standards
- Stay current on related scholarly and business trends
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD in Education, English, Linguistics, or a related field
- Demonstrated technical abilities - Knowledge of computer programming, mobile, and web technologies is a plus
- English teaching, tutoring, or mentoring experience is required
- Outstanding written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with a wide range of age groups
- Strong analytical-reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Passion for technology and improving education through technology
- Ability to think strategically and creatively solve problems
- Highly self-motivated with a strong attention to detail
- Broad range of personal and professional interests
- Experience in curriculum development and instructional design is a plus
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN YOUR APPLICATION
- Your resume
- A cover letter under 600 words that addresses the
following questions: What are some challenges in developing online English Language Arts content for K-12 students? How might your background and skill set help you address those challenges?
IXL Learning is a leading educational technology company on a big mission: delivering an immersive learning experience to all students, in all grades and subjects, in schools and homes worldwide. With 1 in 8 U.S. students already learning on IXL (answering over 50 million questions every day!), IXL inspires educators and learners around the world and is changing how students feel about learning and about themselves.