Financial Aid Counselor
Midway University is actively seeking a Financial Aid Counselor, due to an internal promotion. A successful candidate will work effectively and collaboratively with a variety of constituents while maintaining independent decision making abilities. Excellent organizational and problem solving skills are a must, as well as the ability to complete tasks requiring significant attention to detail in a fast-paced office with frequent interruptions. The ability to balance and prioritize multiple responsibilities and deadlines is critical. Candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills and possess a high degree of tact and discretion due to the confidential and sensitive nature of financial aid data.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required; Two years of financial aid experience preferred. Knowledge and experience with Federal Title IV regulations, state financial aid regulations, packaging aid and counseling students is highly desirable.
The following duties are customary for this position, but are not to be construed as all-inclusive. Duties may be added, deleted and assigned based upon Department discretion and Institutional needs.
- Serving as an administrator of state aid programs, external aid programs (military, voc rehab, WIA, etc.) and outside scholarships
- Serving as campus coordinator for KHEAA Verify services
- Counseling and advising students and parents on financial aid application processes, aid programs, eligibility, procedures, costs, indebtedness and financial planning
- Interpreting application data and creating aid packages for new and returning students
- Coordinating loan counseling and financial literacy efforts
- Running processes in various federal, state and institutional software and financial aid database systems and troubleshooting technical issues
- Creating and interpreting reports
- Conducting financial aid sessions for preview days and recruiting events
- Coordinating with Admissions to provide an effective and seamless student enrollment process.
- Coordinating financial aid communication plan
- Shared responsibilities include general office duties such as meeting with students, responding to emails and answering phone calls.
- This position will require some evening and weekend hours, especially during peak enrollment periods.
Midway University is an equal opportunity employer.